Monday, April 29, 2019

Discovery and Acceptance ......the start of my journey,,,,A collaboration with Willie

             
     Our friend Willie and I have been talking about collaborating on a post... and it might be an ongoing project.  "At the Heart of It"  posts are where  will try to  dig deeper into certain subjects.  Willie has been thinking about self-validation and acceptance, I think acceptance is a topic we all think about.  We are each taking a different slant on the topic...mine is...how I discovered ...and more importantly accepted that I was submissive and how that impacted my self-validation, leading to more self love.
       
        Spanking...it was a word that stuck in my head.  I had been reading spanking stories on line, and even ordered some books of my own.  It did not take long for me to want more....to want the experience, not just to read about it. As luck..or fate..would have it, M was on the same site.  We started chatting which eventually led to a first meeting....a beer.  I almost did not got in for that beer, but something told me...now or never, and it is just a free beer.  We did only have one beer, but we sat there for a long time laughing and talking.  We shared many other things besides spankings, he was on the bossy side, and had a wonderful sense of humor. Yes the very same M who is now my Master, was a person I met for a beer...almost 20 years ago....and he gave me my first spanking. I was so excited, thinking at the time...great I will get spanked, get it out of my system, and move on.  I did get spanked for the first time...over his lap, with all my clothing on...he was and still is a gentleman...but it did not erase the urge, the wanting, the desire.
      At one of those early meetings, He asked me how it felt to express my submissiveness...I laughed and then told him..sorry not a submissive bone in  this body.  He chuckled and said....you submit to being spanked.  I did not have a reply to that, since it was the first time I associated spanking with being submissive. (and  yes, we both do realize, there are many reasons for people to spank, and submission does not have to be one of those reasons.).
     So, I had discovered a part of me, that I never knew existed...I was the oldest in the family, a junior high teacher, a mother of 3.....not much submission to be found in any of those roles.  Master is no fool, he slowly lead me down the path to submission.  Starting with one rule, and sticking with it until it was part of my life...and then adding another rule. I discovered that not having to be in charge all the time was freeing, that having someone who wanted to take care of me was pretty wonderful, that I was indeed a sexual person..who could respond and orgasm and enjoy sex.  All of this happened slowly, one step at a time....and it opened me up to a whole new world.
        M showed me that I could still be in charge in the classroom, when helping a friend, with the grands, and when I needed to be...but that also having a back-up, someone who was willing to help, advise and jump in and help and maybe even take over,  was a good thing, I did not have to do it all.
I became a more relaxed person, more accepting of  all of me.  I grew  to  love all of me....the submissive and the in charge gal.....to be more comfortable with all of me.
        It took me a long time to discover that 'submissive' part of me...and had I not showed up for that free beer, it might never have happened.  Yes, I would still have had a good life and probably never known what I would have missed out on.  I am so thankful that I took a deep breath and decided to have that beer....hugs abby

22 comments:

  1. I love your story Abby and how fun that you and Willie are on this path together. I'm intrigued to see where Eric and I end up. Life is changing again but I'm hopeful it will be better... more later. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have spiked my curiosity....I also hope it will be better....and that you still are part of blog land, my friend.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby,

    Wow, what an awesome collaboration! I really enjoyed reading your story and perspective:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...poor Willie did not realize how technically challenged I am..she was a wonderful and patient tutor
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I too enjoyed this story -- the 'reveal' so to speak.... I think many of us started with that beer -- or as in my case cup of coffee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....at the time it was so unlike...and turned out so much better than I expected. hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Look at you go with photos and everything! Whoo Hoo :D

    Seriously I think many, MANY of us became more confused at the start of ttwd and who we were or could be- the thought of a balancing act of sorts? It isn't until we finally realize it isn't one or the other but pieces of the same whole that we can relax and just be.

    I remember when I first started blogging thinking, I am never going to be like these women? Not in a judgmental way toward them but toward myself. Sure I was very service orientated, heck I was a stay at home mom and wife, that was my job, but deferring? pfft. Turns out that is more my nature and we discovered that just because you have been IN control doesn't mean that is the pair of shoes that fits you best. Just what you required to walk the path.

    Thanks for giving me the gumption to write, (and write, and write LOL)

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so patient and kind.....we will have to see how much I remember next time....I love your statement..when we realize it isn't one or the other...but pieces of the same whole...that hits the nail on the head. I also love the shoe analogy..it was the required path....this retired teacher gives you an A+...looking forward to our next collaboration,,,,as soon as you recover from this one. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Abby!
    For me also, it has been an unexpected gift to discover and explore this hidden part of myself! What a shame if I had never allowed my inner slut to see the light of day! I feel enriched, empowered, and made more whole by freeing her. A challenge is that my dignified and controlled mind has to attempt to translate her desires!
    I look forward to reading more of this! Thank you and Willie for sharing!
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment...it is not always easy to lose yourself in your desires and fantasies..altho being retired does make it easier! That 'inner slut' is so much fun to let loose! hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Abby, I think my favorite posts from you are the ones where you talk about how you and M met. You write about that with such tenderness and clarity. You have recalled your evolution here, but have also realized that you are still evolving. I hope to visit to hear about your next steps.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T:)thank you...M told me He thinks this is my best post ever:):) Yes, I am looking forward to the road ahead, to continuing the journey,.....and to sharing it!! hugs abby

      Delete
  9. I’ve read some of your back story before, Abby. Thank you for sharing another dimension of your ongoing story.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome....it is a story I love....since I never could have imagined it before it happened. hugs abby

      Delete
  10. You do have a lovely relationship with M. I am thankful you shared it with us.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your comment...I know I owe a email..I have moved it to the top of my list...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your starting out story, Abby. I know you talked about it early in your blogging days but I enjoyed hearing it again from your 'now' point of view ... it took a lot of courage on your part to take those first steps and look where they got you! ... an amazing life with your man ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You .are right...it was so unlike me to go have that beer...I have been thankful that I did ever since. hugs abby

      Delete
  13. I love this post and learning all about you and your history. Wow! Twenty years! I really appreciated your perspective and it makes more sense to me hearing it from your viewpoint. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome...it is a story of....don't lose hope, it is never too late. hugs abby

      Delete