Thursday, March 28, 2019

A Catch Up Post....

     Thank you all for your warm welcome back....and I am very happy to be with my blogging family once again.  Thought I might fill you in on a few happenings while I was away.
     First, I caught some terrible crud.  It started with a cough, and then coughing fits, was diagnosed with a virus.  When the coughing stopped, I was just worn out.  No energy AT ALL!
I way toooo slowly recovered but it took about 3 weeks.
    
       Master's Christmas project.  Every year at Christmas, M works and completes a wood working project.  Last year He make our spanking horse.  It is good sized, heavy wood, all the places where my body touches it are covered with leather
covered foam padding.  There are rests for my arms and for my upper legs....it is meant to keep me completely open to Him.  There is a belt that can go around my waist and ties for my wrists and ankles.  The restraints are not used often as I am quiet comfortable on it....but they do come in handy at times.  He wants to add a head support so I can be totally comfy.....It has been a great addition to our playtime.

            This year, shortly after Christmas, M presented me with a wooden spoon as his project.  Now it is not a teaspoon, nor a tablespoon, more like one of those large wooden salad spoons.  The wood he used has a beautiful resin running through it, and it is shiny.  The first time we used it, I was a little hesitant....it is heavy...but after a good warm-up I managed to get used to the thud, and grew a little fonder of it.
The next time it was used was during a punishment session...yes my halo fell off....and that thing can make quite a statement.  I was loud, He spanked hard and fast, and my rosy pink bottom, quickly was  a cherry red bottom.  So I guess right now I have a love/hate relationship with it.

         Some of you have asked about the Aruba vacation.  It was wonderful!!!!  I traveled to my son's about a week early to help with the kids.  Our flight out was smooth and the weather was perfect, the beaches beautiful and the water a shade of aqua that drew me in.  I am a beach girl at heart, and we had so much fun.  One day, the 9 year old and my son and I went for a submarine ride. Every seat had a window, and we saw coral reefs, all kinds of fish and a couple ship wrecks.  The next day, the same 3 of us went for a walk on the ocean floor.  Yes, we used the air helmets that deep sea divers used...had a short class on how they work and how to keep our ears unplugged, and some hand signals to help us communicate with the guides once we were on the ocean bottom.  We were told there was a hand railing we had to hang on to...since they did not want us to wander off.  It was AMAZING....so many schools of fish, and they swam close enough for us to feel their fins, we saw more ship wrecks, and many pictures were taken.  The only downside, was taking almost 16 hours to get home.....bad weather and plane problems..but we made it back safely.  The weather kept me at my son's longer than I had planned before returning home, so I was away about 3 weeks.
Have a good weekend all...I am still catching up with all of you....have found a few meme's I need to add my 2 cents worth to.....
hugs abby




        





           
                  

13 comments:

  1. Hey I too was very sick! LMAO. I ended up with an upper respiratory infection that also took my voice ( for those around me that was a bonus, and I have lost aspects of my voice before but never like this. I couldn't even whisper). Of course I waited forever before going to the doctor. The antibiotics worked for the infection, but like you it was a good month before I could do much of anything- especially if I ventured out into the cold Canadian winter air. It was brutal...guess we're twins again.

    And WOOD, well wood is actually one of the few things that I can eventually let go with ( sadly rubber is another). I have a love/hate with it as well. But I will take it over most other things if given a choice.

    Now here is where we definitely depart ways! A sub? THE OCEAN. Good God I was getting heart palpitations just reading about it. We went to Hawaii a few years ago and I had to push myself on the second last day to go in to the crystal, clear ocean up to my knees. NO THANK YOU!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to know our 'twinness?' lives on...I agree with being let go with the wood...I love leather...but it rarely gets me to THAT place.....So you are saying we do not get to go on a beach vacation together....Hmmm...that's ok....you are still my sister of the heart...hugs abby

      Delete
    2. Oh, no, no. I love going to the beach- just not in the ocean. I can sit or wander while you risk your life in the ocean. ( Love lakes though! )

      Delete
  2. That vacation sounds lovely! The walk on the ocean floor must have been one heck of an experience! Great to have u back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome back....that walk was amazing...and love that I shared it with a grand.. a wonderful memory for both of us. hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I tried the submarine at Disney World once and discovered I am not able to sit in a small tight quarter under water. Envious that you could! Sounds amazing.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then if you get a chance try to walk on the ocean floor....you just have to wear a helmet...and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever done. hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Hi Abby,

    I enjoyed reading this. Sorry about the crud and glad you finally managed to kick it. Your Master is clever and creative, a double edge sword lol. We have a wooden spoon which is more like a paddle and I have a love/hate relationship with it too.

    The vacation sounds amazing, what a wonderful experience for you all. Wow!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes M is clever...and even after 20 years...still manages to surprise me...usually in good way. The vacation is one we will always remember...many wonderful memories. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, yuck on being sick, but I'm glad you're doing better now, abby. :) Wow, that sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope you got some amazing photos. I'd love to see the bottom of the sea sometimes. :) And... slightly, really, jealous of your spanking bench. lol No place for one here. :( *sigh* lol
    Hugs, EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something to be said....about being old enough to have the kiddos all grown and independent...and thinking that mom is too 'old'..to be having so much fun! hugs abby

      Delete
  7. ok......how did I miss your return??!!! So glad you left a comment on The Journey.....

    good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete