Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Ella's Meme and catching up
I am getting ready to leave to go to my son's in the morning, there is a grand who is turning 8! My daughter and her two are taking the train up to join us for a long weekend...I love seeing the 4 grands together, they are developing a friendship that will hopefully last all their lives.
I wanted to thank all of you who have taken the time to send me an e-mail or text...I have not answered too many but am determined to do so now that I am just about back to my 'old' (not fond of the descriptive) self. So, a little more patience and you will hear from me...and I really do appreciate your reaching out to me, we are a wonderful community.
Master sent me off with a double maintenance...so yes the short leash and double maintenance are still in effect...YUCK! Master has noticed that I am much calmer and over-all more relaxed, so He said if I am good when I am away...stay CLOSE and keep him informed of any problems or drama or just my everyday events, He will consider going back to regular maintenance spankings....something to hope for:).
Our 'boys' played over the weekend. The good guys (Red Sox) won two games and that other team ( Yankees) won one. We have not been able to settle that debt, but the schedule is weird this year...they play again this weekend. They are playing in Boston...a couple days ago my son called and asked if I was interested in a mother/son date...now that is a first, once I had recovered , I said of course...what do you have in mind. Well, through a friend he was able to get tickets for Saturday's game, at Fenway. I have been to see my boys play several times at Fenway...but have never seen them play the Yanks...so I am super excited...how would they dare lose when I am there to cheer them on???? LOL!
Thanks ella for presenting us with a new meme...here are my answers....
1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
As I get older, there are more of these. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was sung at a funeral many years ago for an 8 year old student, friend of my daughter's who died...tears every time I hear it.
2. What is your favorite shade of lipstick? What about nail polish? My sister is my make-up consultant. She recently send me...crushed berry by Mary Kay...love it! I rarely wear nail polish.
3. Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.
I am choosing..."A Bushel and A Peck"..the refrain. I sing it every night when I am with the grands and putting them to bed. The youngest one always covers her ears, and then calls me to sing it again, because she missed it. (I cannot carry a tune with a basket, so people covering ears when I sing is a normal event).
4. What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well-dressed? Something in which you think you look pretty damn good.
Since it is summer, while slacks, a loose fitting billowy white, sky blue and yellow top, white sandals.
5. If you had enough money to buy just one would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the woods?
Has to be ocean, I grew up near the shore and spent most of my summer days at the beach, and Master loves to be out on the water.
6. If you are old enough which of the Beatles did you have a thing for?
Ahhh, one of my favorite groups. I would 'swoon' if any one of them approached me...my fav of the fab four...George!
7. Name a smell that you love.
The ocean, on an early morning walk.
8. How often do you defuzz your legs? Wax, razor or electric?
About twice a week, in the shower...razor.
9. How/why did you choose your blog name?
When Master and I started our power exchanged, He often encouraged me to let the 'real' me out...the me that no one else sees....and slowly I did...finally finding me...
10. What do you have for breakfast? Coffee or tea?
Coffee is the most important part of breakfast....and I rotate between special K cereal, breakfast sandwich or an omelet.
11. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, youngest or middle child?
I am the oldest of my 3 siblings...and therefore will always be in charge...LOL...since none of them read here, I can write that and pretend.
12. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Recently found a poppy seed strawberry...yummy!
13. If you could sit next to anyone alive...who would you pick?
Tough one, maybe Stephen King, would love to see how his mind works.
14. Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
Well, ummm...of course. But I usually end up buying a surprise for someone else..since then I have cheered myself up twice.
15. If there is one thing that can make you angry, what would it be?
Lately, the nightly news....
16. Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.
Oh, we have always been a picture taking family. I have shelves of photo albums and now discs...I have a picture on my fridge, of my mom, sister and I. It is a silly pose and we all laughing, it was a casino trip. It reminds me of the many wonderful memories of have of the three of us.
17. Have you ever gone skinny dipping and where?
Not yet, but it is on my bucket list.
18. What would you like on your pizza? What don't you like?
I am actually not a huge pizza fan. I like a white garlic maybe with mushrooms.
Thanks ella...looking forward to your next meme.