Thursday, June 29, 2017

Running in the Wrong Direction....

        Oh...life! It has been in full force the last couple of weeks...some of it good, some funny, and some producing more gray hairs!  There was a camping trip to celebrate a 6 year old birthday, we had a great first day, sunny with a breeze, time at the beach, a cook-out, games and a nature hike.  Day two we were just thinking about starting breakfast...and there was a tornado warning, luckily we had rented one of the primitive cabins, but still....We ended up with heavy rain and winds, but it sure did add some excitement.  And....family drama was back, which always me want to run and hide.  Grown kids, sometimes you wish you could just send them to their own corners til they learn to behave.
         Master was trying to help me cope and stay calm, I will admit not always easy to achieve.  This past Monday we were able to get back to us.  Since it was Monday it was maintenance...with one to make up. I struggled through the first 100, it had been a couple weeks without a hard spanking.  I did get a 'break'...Master style, on my knees, after each 50.  After the first 100, I was able to 'settle' in more and accept the spanks without as much wriggling and loud protests.  
              Master then tells me we have another issue to discuss.  I have learned to not try and guess what He is thinking in such situations so I just stayed quiet.  Master has several 'truisms' that He likes to use.....one of the first that He introduced me to, years ago is..."don't run away from me, run to me".  I used to hear it a lot, I was used to dealing with everything on my own, and it look me a while to trust that He meant it...good or bad...we get through it together.
                 Master asks me what direction I had been running in for the past week.....I had to admit, not towards him.  I had gone into my 'quiet, I need to handle this on my own' mode.  Master had given me opportunities, but I did not take advantage of them......forgetting we are a team.  Master tells me to present my bottom for 24 with the cane.  I say...that is a lot! He agrees and adds...maybe it will help you to remember what direction to run in...toward me!  I thought we had solved this issue a while ago.  I had to admit, so did I and that I had reverted to my 'I can handle it on my own' mode.  And burdens, problems, drama, are so much easier to get through when they are shared.
                    My son and family...5 and 7 year old grands...are on their way to grandma's for a week.  So I probably will not be around much..wishing you all a sparkly, sun-shiny, fun fourth of July....and to all the non-USA readers...hope you have sun-shine and fun also!
hugs abby
                 

24 comments:

  1. Oh my word. As always, I am amazed at your stamina.

    Have fun with the kids - going to see mine too next week. Can hardly wait, although mne are pretty well grown now - it happens way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does happen way too fast.....the almost 8 is dressing like a teenager...hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Hi Abby, I'm sorry you have been dealing with family drama and love that your Master wants you to run to him, he has you. Ouch though!

    Have a wonderful time with your son and grands.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh to the drama...but it has settled down and everyone is remembering their manners...fingers crossed. Yes, Master has me....and wants to take care of me...I am one lucky girl.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. You have such energy! I like the truism :)
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one of the things that attacted me to him at first was he was good with words...hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Hi Abby, :) I love your Master's truism that you told us about here. It's a good one for sure. Sorry that you had to have a reminder. OUCH! That didn't sound fun at all. Sometimes when we are in the middle of things- especially drama, it is easy to forget that there is someone special within reach, who can take some of that angst away in an instant. Sometimes I have these sudden realizations, and go right to Rob, who can make me feel so much better with his spin on things. You have quite a loving man there by your side! Wonderful couple!

    Have a super time with your son and his family! Ice cream in bed with the grands? LOL! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True words, my friend....He does have a knack for making me feel better....and we have had ice cream twice..but only once for breakfast. hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Master certainly is special! Some partners will stay away and out of family drama. It is wonderful he wants you to run to him!
    You are amazing!
    Btw I just realized I never replied to you a while back! I'm hoping to be on it this long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think He is pretty special also.....no problems on the reply...I have been thinking about you. hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Abby, I love your Master's words! Have not heard that before, and I believe it sums things up nicely. Better not to bottle things up inside. Sam says, "Talk to me or talk to Mister Paddle."

    Have a Red, White, and Blue week!
    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam is good at truisms also! hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Your Master knows you well! So good that you can rely on him for help with those tricky family situations. Have fun with the grands.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does and He does not flinch...He is always there for me...I am the one who needs to remember that...having lots of fun...hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Your Masters words are lovely Abby. Remember always to run towards him. Save your poor bottom getting the cane. Enjoy your time with your family and grands . Happy 4th July.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bottom thanks you for the wise advice...Happy 4th to you also..hugs abby

      Delete
  9. right by your side :-) Hope you are enjoying your visit with your family. Big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, He is.....family time is just beginning and we do make great memories.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. GOsh I'm so late getting to this. I hope you're enjoying the family. But yes - I understand how "running off and dealing with it on my own" can be the default setting if we've been doing that all our lives. I'm glad that during the recent spat I had with BiKSS I was lucid enough not to shut down and shrink into my own cave, but instead made myself run to him. It IS a much better solution. ANd I'm sure it gets easier with practice. But OUCH for your bum. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting better at running to Him...He has more than proven that is what He wants....not sure about the easier part...hugs abby

      Delete
  11. Can I just say that it is refreshing to know that after all this time you still have the same 'default mode' I can find myself in after almost 5 years? I suppose Rome wasn't built in a day, and I have a lifetime of 'going it on my own' to overcome and 5 years is merely a drop in the bucket to try and reprogram myself totally.

    You know once upon a time I would have been discouraged to hear that one can revert back to their old ways even years in, LOL....but now, now I think THANK GOD! I'm not alone and while things do get better, some things will probably always be a struggle and that is perfectly okay~!

    Hope you are enjoying your time with your family

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment...I have been thinking that maybe I have reached the end of my blogging....but comments like your remind me that there are others out there like me and that helping just one person is so worth it. You are right, some things will always be a struggle..oh they get better, and I recognize what is happening sooner....Lucky M. never tires of reminding me...He is here and is not interested in going any place that does not include me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I often feel that with some things we THINK we're getting better or we think we've managed to rewire our brains and then something happens and we go back to the original setting. And it feels disheartening - like maybe we shouldnt bother. Do u ever feel disheartened?

      Delete