Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Best Restaurant in my Town....Sept. 27

             One of the nice things about the area I live in is the number of restaurants...from take-out to elegant dining, from fast food to gourmet take all evening, every ethnic food one can want...if you are an adventurous eater you can sample a great deal of variety. I have not come close to trying even most of them. One that I chose to be the best (at least for today) is The Melting Pot.
              It is primarily a fondue place...if you are a child of the 60's or 70's you might remember fondue.  I received 3 different ones as shower gifts way back when...and used them fairly frequently for a few years.  This place is best for groups of people. You get to dip your meat and veggies to cook them and there are various sauces.  For dessert there are lots of varieties of chocolate or caramel sauces to dip fruit, marshmallows, cake, etc.  
              The food is good, certainly not 5 star, but it is so much fun to eat there.  There is always lots of laughter and chatter, and smiles all around.  So this is one of my favorite places to eat.
hugs abby

14 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, Abby. We also have a Melting Pot but haven't been there is absolutely years. You're so right...best if you have a group. Might have to see if I can get a group together and go visit again. Thanks for reviving the memories. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, if we lived closer I would love to join your group!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Same as Cat, love the Melting Pot but haven't been there in years. Maybe it is time! I'll be the one in the cozy sweatshirt and jean capri's ; )

    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same style of dress...love it.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Hi Abby, this sounds like a lot of fun. Never did go to a fondue party lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since writing this, I am thinking it is time to introduce the grands to fondue at grandma's.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Gosh I'd forgotten all about fondues. Never been to a fondue restaurant.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun with the right group of people.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. I too like The Melting Pot. It is a great place to just sit, talk and eat - some of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely restaurant, would be fun. My daughter had a fondue party for her engagement, which was fantastic.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun...and pretty tasty also.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. I've eaten at five star restaurants, but if the company is nice, the food good the melting pot has a star rating of it's own. Two Dutch Crowns?

    Smile,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will accept that rating.....I agree good company and good food...a great way to spend some time.
      hugs abby

      Delete