Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sept. 8...What encourages me...

            I have been thinking about this one all day...and finally realized I was over thinking it.  What encourages me...
 ........Master, of course.  Yes, occasionally it is with a paddle in His hand, and on my bottom, but more often it is with a bear hug, His grin, His words calling me His good girl, and how proud He is of me, and of course...there is that flogger.
..........My grands encourage me to be as healthy as I can be.  I want to be around and see what wonderful contributions they make to this world as they grow.
...........The scale...usually.  When it goes down, even a little, and when I hit a number I have not seen in a while :):)!
............My wonderful friends, who make me want to be the best friend I can be to thank them for their friendship.
.............The memory of my mom and dad....the believed in giving back, since we were fortunate in many ways...I try to live that every day.
............All of you, in your replies...
..........Turns out, encouragement can be found all around me...how lucky I am!
hugs abby

18 comments:

  1. It's the same with gratitude - the more you are thankful for what you have, the more you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it..it is probably true of a lot of things in life.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder that we're in this thing called life together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True....together is better!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. this is wonderful...really love this :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..one of those posts that ...once I started...wrote itself.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. What an awesome list Abby, love this too :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....it was a good reminder of how lucky I have been.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks...a good reflective topic.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing your great list, Abby! :) Looks like you thought it out just right! Super! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks. Once I started it wrote itself.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. And...it is always a good thing to be reminded of that...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. I love your list of what encourages you, Abby...I would have to claim most of those encourage me also. So very lucky to have that much encouragement in my life!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are both lucky to have that "pick you up when are down" people surrounding us.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Some people are so easy to like, they bring out the best in other people!

    I like your list. Smiled about the scale...

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning to not give that scale so much power...usually.
      hugs abby

      Delete