Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sept. 15...The Last Library I Visited... by

                  The last library I visited was our town library, yesterday.  Our book club meets at the library on the second Tuesday of the month. They provide us with a room, in the back, so we do not have to whisper.  This month we read and discussed The Good Earth by Pear Buck.
                   Only two people had read it before, I was among those who had not.  That is a little surprising since I though it was pretty near required in high school.  All but one enjoyed reading it.  It is the story of one family pre and post revolution in China.  I enjoyed it.....if you are looking for a classic read, I would recommend it.
hugs abby

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read this yet, must check it out.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like history you will love it.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. It was an excellent book - a real look into life in China at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was...and some things never change...most wars are still now fought over land.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of this one but I read Wild Swans by Jung Chang some years ago.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to add that to my list of to be read. Thanks.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I read that book in college...years ago! Thanks for reminding me about it...might have to go reread. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitate to reread...there so many books I want to get to for the first time.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Haven't heard of that book Abby, must check it out, thanks.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do , I hope you enjoy it.
      hugs abby

      Delete