Thursday, September 22, 2016

One Thing Not To Worry About...Sept. 22

                  I am trying to decide which of the many things that I worry about...and tell myself not to....to write about here.
                    Ideally one thing not to worry about is tomorrow, concentrate on today, the here and now....great advice, but tomorrow is looming and what if???
                     Then again, don't worry about what others think?  Be who you are, your own person....great advice, but what if what they are thinking is correct?
                       Maybe I should pick the future not to worry about, what will be will be....but what if I have not planned enough to be comfortable with my future?
                          How about my children, they are all successful, I can stop worrying about them. Yikes, what am I thinking that will never happen.
                            You get my drift, telling someone not to worry about something, well that just never works well.
                  There is one thing that I no longer have to worry about, and that is worrying that I am wired weirdly.  Master gets a lot of the credit for that, He accepts all of me, the submissive, the mother and grandmother, the teacher (albeit now retired), the teaser, the sister, the aunt, the crossword addict...all of me.
That is truly a priceless gift, and that is the best thing to not have to worry about...acceptance.
hugs abby
                             
                           
                       

12 comments:

  1. Hi Abby, such great advice, if only we could heed it. I'm a terrible worrier. I love your last paragraph, acceptance really is a precious gift. I just love the relationship between you and your Master, you are one lucky lady :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to convince myself that most of the things I worry about never happen..but that never works.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I am a horrible worrier as well. So easy to express what not to worry about...and so difficult to make that happen in reality. I love that you have found complete acceptance in yourself. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, I think worrying is wired in us...or at least me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree...do you have a magic pill?
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. You're Master has given you an awesome gift, Abby...as far as the rest...I'll give you the advice my aunt gave me when I was very young: Why worry before something happens as no amount of worrying is going to change it. Why worry about something after it happens as no amount of worrying is going to change it! :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful words Abby and what a beautiful gift. He is one lucky man and you are one lucky lady.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often 'argue' over who is the luckiest...and decide it is a draw.
      hugs abb

      Delete
  6. If you don't have to worry about the love of your life, and don't be afraid to say that the man who fully accepts you is, than there is a load of your mind. What a wonderful post, Abby. I agree with the others that you are a lucky lady and he is a lucky man.

    But I'm glad you realised it already,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We met later in life....and both realize that we are very lucky indeed.
      hugs abby

      Delete