Wednesday, September 28, 2016

One Thing I Wish I Could Do....Sept. 28

                  I have always wished that I had been blessed with the ability to sing....I cannot even hum in tune.  Yes, with enough liquid encouragement, I have known to join a group karaoke.....but the rest of my singing has been limited to a rousing rendition of "Joy To The World" ....the Three Dog Night version, not the Christmas one......in the shower.
                 Now, I know you are all thinking, she must sound better than she thinks....Well, back in college I had to take a music course as part of the education requirement.  At the end of the course, the very nice professor presented me with a basket filled with musical notes.....the one way I could carry a tune.....
hugs abby 

12 comments:

  1. LOL...well apparently I could sing, but I no longer do it, so I have no strength. I was never convinced but I used to belt out songs from Les Mis in the kitchen at work while in university regardless. LOL My boss wanted me to head a group to sing Christmas Carols in the lobby, but singing in the kitchen driving friends crazy, is a LOT different than in front of strangers!

    I can draw and play an instrument, but I really envy those who can write. Truly write. I wish I could do that. Not so much that I am unhappy though. After all we all have our talents.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all do have our talents...and see to wish we had the ones we don't.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I can't sing either, but I do anyway :). Mostly when no one is around to hear me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Abby...do love that professor's sense of humor. I think we all would like to have different talents from what we have. You do sing a great song in the shower. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we share a love of the same great music...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. LoL Abby, I don't sing well, but it doesn't stop me lol. I wish I could sing well and play an instrument.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do a simple tune on the piano but that is about it musically for me. hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Abby I'm joining you I can't sing and only do when nobody is around. When I was younger I was in a choir, now I don't seem to have enough confidence. Also I would probably crack mirrors. LOL!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt you would crack mirrors....but I am in the same boat as you.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. With a daughter in the Conservatory school learning to be a classical singer it really is painful when she shouts trough the shower door: Dad can you do me a favour? Please shut up?

    She must have got it from her mum.
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....my kids sadly have the same musical 'talent' that I have...
      hugs abby

      Delete