Monday, September 12, 2016

My Favorite Meal....September 12

               I am a fairly adventurous eater, I enjoy trying new things, and my tastes have changed over the years.  My favorite meal has remained the same for as long as I can remember.
                Start with a seafood chowder, no crackers, do not want to get too full.  Skip the salad...that is for diet days. Followed by steamers (clams for you non New England folk), with broth and butter.  Followed by the main attraction boiled lobster.  Preferably served outside, all around a picnic table.  Everyone is wearing bibs...so the squirting of the lobsters is not a major problems.  Usually someone new to the feast is being taught how to eat a whole lobster...so that none of the meat is wasted.
              Dessert....usually something for the kids...the adults are all in a lobster coma.
   *****If this meal is with the grands...most of you probably can guess.....ice cream replaces all of the above.
hugs abby

12 comments:

  1. Hi Abby, I'll be at the ice cream table with the kids lol. Not a seafood fan I'm afraid.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..let me know you favorite ice cream, I will be sure to have it o n hand...bet you will have lots of fun with them.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I join you for the ice-cream! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have a meal to remember with the kids..they are a hoot!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Sounds wonderful. Ever heart of Abbot's in CT. It sounds like your kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not...now I have to look it up. We have an Abbots walking distance from my place...sells the BEST frozen custard.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I was just at a lobster boil last weekend. Um Canadian East Coast Lobster, but we did have bibs and were outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.....I wonder if they are the same.....probably....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Yummy! I do love seafood! I'll join you for all of that, Abby...as long is it's real clam chowder and not that red stuff some people try to pass off as chowder. ;) Oh and you can always add some shrimp, crayfish, potatoes and corn to that lobster boil. LOL

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, it's the real chowdah (how we say it in Maine)...You are going to have to arrive early to help me with the rest of this stuff..love it all....ummm except maybe for the crayfish.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby I'm joining your table for the seafood. Never had any of that so will be a new experience.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in for a special treat, happy you are joining us!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete