Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Simple Pleasure....Sept. 25

                Ahhh...so many choices for this one.  For me a simple pleasure that I am able to enjoy almost every day now is....no alarm clock.  I have never claimed to be a morning person, being forced out of bed by the loud ring of an alarm was not a good way to start my day.  Oh, I dealt with it, I had children to tend to or to get off to school, I had to get to my classroom, usually by 7:00....
                   Now I am retired, no more alarm, on most days.  I get to wake up, usually on the early side, old habits die hard.  But the difference is I don't have to jump out of bed, and into the shower, I can lay there until I decided to get up, I can roll over and go back to sleep, or I can grab that book and read another chapter or two.  My simple pleasure...no alarm clock.
hugs abby

12 comments:

  1. My kingdom for no alarm clock, I am jealous lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still one of the best parts of retirement.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. That is what I dream about when the alarm clock goes off. When I was 15 I went with my dad to work at 06:00 and I swore I would get a job where I didn't have to wake up at six.
    No, 40 plus years later I still get up at 06:00 every day and ther has been years that it was 05:00. I'm looking forward to turn again in bed, rad a chapter or two in a book, or have a long, lazy shower on a weekday.

    Dream on, Han.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or start the day off with a little...lovin....I still wake up early, but no need to rush out of bed.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I've been lucky, I don't think I ever had a job that required me to wake to an alarm. However, when I've had to use an alarm, I always wake up ahead of the time set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW that is lucky..I still wake up early, it is just nice to have to rush out of bed and be out of the house early.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Ooh...love that simple pleasure, Abby! I dream of the day that getting up with the alarm is the exception rather than the rule. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooooooooooo nice:).
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. I also love that feeling of not waking up to an alarm. Although our puppies wake us up early these days, its not as bad as that loud ringing breaking into your dreams. Enjoy your mornings Abby.
    hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do....it is truly a wonderful simple pleasure.
      hugs abby

      Delete