Friday, September 16, 2016

A Minor Road Block In My Life...Sept.16

                   I thought about this one all day....I think the word minor, is my hang-up.  Major road blocks are not fun, but they are easy to see.  A minor road block might not be so easy to see.  I think a minor road block is 'me'.  
                      I say minor because, I have been around long enough to learn some lessons.  One of them ...practice what you preach. Being a junior high teacher, giving out life advice was a daily event.  I needed to reflect that advice, or I would be called on it...junior high kids are not a shy group.  
                        I tend to doubt myself, to second guess myself. Thinking I should do more for others, thinking that I can't accomplish a certain goal, that I should be a better...friend, mom, submissive,...I am getting better at trusting my instincts, and believing others when they compliment me.  But every now and then, that little voice  starts to try to get into my head...creating a road block. I know that no one is perfect, and we tend to be our most critical judges.  
                       Maybe the next time that voice tries to start up...I will try tell it, I can see a smooth, straight road ahead...not more road blocks.
hugs abby
                                  
                            
                            
                               

12 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this Abby, I doubt and second guess myself all the time. I love your last sentence :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we should be the confident women we were born to be!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. About certain things... I doubt to. Don't we all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think we all do, I just wish I did it less...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I agree, Abby...we all listen to that little voice when we shouldn't. I'll bet Master would be happy to help you ignore that voice. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Oh Cat...you are right, He is not fond of the words I can't.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I agree also Abby we all tend to listen to those voices in our head which causes road blocks. Love your advice in the future when it happens.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....we should have more faith in ourselves.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Ah yes, "Your greatest enemy lies between your two ears". If only we could actually see the person the rest of the world does! Barney has given me an ongoing assignment, to post on his desktop one word that describes me (a positive one). My girlfriend's suggestion? STUBBORN. She claims she meant that in the best way possible! pfft.

    Funny, I describe my 'little voice' as the one that is right and the loud one in my head as the one I need to ignore. I guess you should consider yourself lucky, at this stage in your life it is the reverse for you. I do try to remember that throughout my life road or stumbling blocks have more often than not have turned out to be building blocks in the long run. Ideally I remember that DURING the 'minor road block' but that isn't an easy feat!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments, they are always right on, and give me something to think about...That greatest enemy quote..I had never seen, but it so rings true. Love the task from Barney...Master already knows how stubborn I can be...only problem is He is the only person I ever met who can out-stubborn me. And yes, often road blocks are learning opportunities...hugs abby

      Delete
  6. next time your little voice speaks I hope it is to tell you how wonderful you are! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete