Saturday, August 20, 2016

44 odd things

  I meant to post this last week while I was away...but with 8 little ones ranging from 1 month to 8 years, by the time they were all in bed for the night...you can guess where I was headed. But we made lots of memories and laughed often...will be trying to catch up with all of you soo...


44 Odd Things You Don't Know About Me

1. Do you like blue cheese? Only when melted in a hot chicken wing dip.

2. Have you ever smoked? Once, in high school...never wanted to again.
 
3. Do you own a gun? No

 
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I have never met a flavor I did not like, but anything with chocolate or coffee is at the top of the list.

 
5. Do you get nervous before Doctor visits? Of course, isn't everyone?

 
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Prefer burgers, unless they are roasted on an open fire at the beach.


7. Favorite Movie? Mama Mia, Shawshank Redemption, Inside Out....not a big movie goer...


8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Never touched coffee til I was 50...stayed at my sister's for a week, and she had a new Keurig...I am now addicted.


 9. Do you do push ups? Does wearing a push-up bra count?

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?  My mom's engagement ring.
 

11. Favorite hobby? Reading, crossword puzzles, shopping for the grands...
 

12. Do you have A.D.D.?  No
  

13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself? Well, I have always wanted to be taller.
  

14. What is your middle name?  A family name
 

15. Name three thoughts at this moment…Almost time to start dinner, what will I get for the soon to be 7's birthday, and I have to take a break to go to the bathroom.
 

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, iced tea, water

17. Current worry? Organizing the lobster bake for our family reunion.


18. Current annoyance right now? People who don't respond to RSVP's


19. Favorite place to be? Snuggled into Master's body, sitting on His lap.


20. How do you ring in the new year? Usually quietly, at home.


21. Where would you like to go? Anyplace I have not been...but starting with Australia would be nice.


22. Name three people who will complete this? Your guess is as good as mine.


23. Do you own slippers? Yes....need to keep the piggies warm in the winter.


24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Orange


25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Not particularly

26. Can you whistle? Barely...my dad could whistle any tune...


27. What are your favorite colors? Orange and Teal.


28. Would you be a pirate? ARGHHH...not really.


29. What songs do you sing in the shower? My favorite...Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog..and  a mighty fine...oops...


30. Favorite girls name? Elizabeth


31. Favorite boys name? Christopher


32. What’s in your pocket right now? Kleenex, shopping list.


33. Last thing that made you laugh? Talking to my sister on the phone and having her describe her battle with the squirrels and the bird feeders.  


34. Best toy as a child? Probably the swing set in the back yard...so many creative possibilities.


35. Worst injury you ever had? Broke my arm falling off the monkey bars.

36.  Where would you like to live? Any place where it does not snow.

37. How many TV's do you have? Two

38. Who is your loudest friend?  Gloria...and she is 'always' right!

39. How many dogs do you have?  2 cats..they would veto any other pets...

40. Does someone trust you? I hope more than 1 someone.

41. What book are you reading at the moment? All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

42. What is your favorite candy? Orange filled chocolates.

43.  What is your favorite sports team? Go Boston Red Sox!

44. Favorite month?  Well, probably October, I love fall and seeing all the colorful leaves.








 





24 comments:

  1. Yes Abby Inside Out is one of mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw it with the grands.....we all loved it...and opened up some discussions...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Loved your answers to this one, Abby. It showed off a quirky sense of humor that I really enjoyed! Orange and Teal is a beautiful combination, too.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things that surprised Master and I, at first..was our shared "quirky" sense of humor...some think I am just weird.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. We finally gave up the bird feeder/squirrel battle. Now we just welcome the squirrels and put corn out for them. It's made life so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has actually found a feeder that foils the squirrels...say lots of hummingbirds and a wild yellow canary, among the birds feeding when I was there last week.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Hi abby, I love Mama Mia too. Seems like we all hate push-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched that movie a number of times...it never gets old.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Love your answers. I have never known anyone who loves the color orange, and now I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lifetime ago when I married, my brides maids wore orange...those were hard to find.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. 9. Do you do push ups? Does wearing a push-up bra count?


    LOL I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, not everyone appreciates my weird sense of humor.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. LOL Abby...Love your answers...some would be the same as mine...some not so much. I do love Mama Mia and love your answer about push ups...a true smart a$$! :D

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...always been a smart a$$...bet we would have fun together.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Hi Abby, I enjoyed reading your answers. Knew what someof them would be,favourite colour and chocolate and your answer to the push up question made me giggle. Love Shawshank too.

    Glad you made some wonderful memories with the grands :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a week.....hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed read - love that October is your favorite month. Could it be the trees are usually orange about then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is part of it...looking out at the all the explosion of color on the trees is priceless...also..no humidity and heat, and (usually) no snow.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks...been thinking about you, hope all is OK.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. This was fun to read! I'm so glad you did it! And i feel the exact same way about push-ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks...I am more the push away type...trying to push away the ice cream and second helpings...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you had such a fun visit. enjoyed reading your answers...had many of the same... :-) Autumn is on its way! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, my favorite season!
      hugs abby

      Delete