Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's Cookie Exchange Day...Chocolate Mint Truffles...

            So, i am 'bending' the rules...shhhh...don't tell Master anyone!  This is more of a candy than a cookie...but
   .....they are quick and easy
  ......depending on what you roll them in, they look very Christmassy
 .........they are chocolate...and they are yummy...and they store well...
...........lastly, it is easy to get the kids involved...

Chocolate Mint Truffles
Makes about 6 dozen

1 (10 ounce) bag mint chocolate chips
1 (6 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips  ( 1 cup)
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (Not evaporated milk)

Finely chopped nuts, flaked coconuts, any colored sprinkles, condensed cocoa, mini chocolate chips, colored sugar..or be creative...

In heavy sauce pan over low  heat, melt chips in sweetened condensed milk.  Chill 2 hours, or until firm. Shape into 1 inch balls...or smaller for more or bite sized...roll in any of the above coatings.  chill 1 hour or until firm. Store covered at room temperature.

**Microwave** in 1 quart glass measuring cup, combine chips and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on 100% power (high) 3 minutes or until
chips melt...stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir til smooth....proceed as above.
Merry Christmas...
hugs abby


28 comments:

  1. Ooh, these sound yummy Abby, and something even I can do lol. Thanks for sharing. Promise I won't tell your Master :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..thanks...I tend to look for uncomplicated recipes..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. these sound dangerous! :-) Yummy Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make them mini size and can talk myself into being satisfied with just 1. hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am a long time member of chocoholics anonymous.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I love anything minty so with chocolate added that's a winner for me. Thanks for sharing Abby.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am of the opinion that all things go better with chocolate.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. The dial on the scale just rose. Wow, do they sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy, I make mini sized one....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. If I liked mint and chocolate it would probably sound really good. :D I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of the year as always been my favorite also...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Love chocolate and mint...and eemm one bent the rules too and done truffles...smiles....will definitely give these a go

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. That is how I describe them...yummy!!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Rulz?
    We don' follow no stinkin' rulz…

    These sound lovely and not too painful for a candy - yay!

    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the work you pup into this day...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Ooh...yummy!! And so easy! What are rules? I didn't follow any rules. ;) Thanks for sharing, Abby.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I am so not surprised that rules are not a big concern of yours...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. I always fail at candy. Anything that has instructions that include hard-ball or soft-crack is going to be a disaster. Now this sounds like something I could actually do! Sounds yummy, too.

    Hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tried candy...without a lot of success...these are more my style.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  12. This is one I believe I can easily do, and yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are as easy...and as yummy...as they sound.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. MMM sounds so yummy thanks Abby. Will have to make this when our family visits next.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they are so easy...and the kids love choosing what to roll them in...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  14. Yum! These sound delicious! I love the flavor combination of mint (or peppermint) and chocolate. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Around here I have seen peppermint flavored chocolate chips at Christmas time..I think they would be great. Thanks for the idea...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete