Thursday, December 3, 2015

Ella's.....Have You Ever....

              Ella posted her version of Have You Ever.....  After reading her version...adventurous is a word that comes to mind....Here are my answers...

Said something very rude to a doctor during childbirth? 
      Not that i remember....but it could part of the process that i have since blocked out....


Seen someone pop their eyeball out?
    Thankfully, I am positive that i can say no, I have not.

Had  your stomach pumped?
    See the above answer.....happily saying no, again.

Been to a drag show with a very large gay man?
   No, again.  But this time I am wishing it was a yes.....sounds like fun.

Eaten a worm?  
  A gummy one yes...a chocolate one yes...a real one...NO.

Run a nifty, little money -making business when you were 11 or 12  years old buying girlie magazines for neighborhood boys?
No, but i do admire Ella's business sense.

Crawled through an underground storm sewer for 5 blocks?
Once again ....no.

Lied about your weight?
Well DUH....yes.  (and to Master...never with You Sir.)

Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were inebriated?
Been inebriated many times...I just sleep where ever i land...stairs would be too much of a challenge.

Seen a movie star in an airport?
Not an airport, but in NYC last year, celebrating my birthday with my daughters, Sally Fields sat next to us at dinner...and she toasted me!

Walked out of a movie?
Not that i remember, but i have slept through many a movie....

Sat on a jury?
Yes...although i had been told lawyers do not like teachers on juries...they think too much, i was chosen twice.  The first time, the accused and His lawyer walked in, looked at us, asked to speak to His lawyer and decided to plead guilty.  I do not think he was looking at me at the time.  The second time, trial lasted 2 days...deliberations a  day....guilty.

Told a child...because i said so?  Oh yes....mine and other people's.  Is there a mom who has not?

Ran a cash register in a grocery store when you were 8 years old?
Not when i was 8, but my first paying job...besides baby sitting...was a cashier in a supermarket.  I was even robbed one day...handed over all the cash without him having to ask twice...

Wrote a eulogy for a parent?
No, my niece volunteered to do my dad's...and she nailed it.  She did the same for my mom.

Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you?
When i was in a college and a few years after.....Jeremiah was a Bullfrog...that song could get me 'having a few more', dancing on tables....
now...Rod Stewart's, "I'll Stand By You"....it is on my ipod and i hear it when i walk..i always think it could have been written by Master for me...

Roasted chestnuts on an open fire?
Yes...very yummy...

Eaten 44 shrimp at a sitting?
I have never counted as i ate...but 44 seems like a lot.....so I am going to say no.

Thrown all phones in a drawer for an entire weekend?
No, but during family vacations, they can only be used first thing in the morning, and before bed....

Gone on a vacation with just you?
If you count going to a retreat, yes a few times. Loved it.

Thanks, Ella...
hugs abby











  




20 comments:

  1. Great answers. Maybe that's why I was never chosen for a jury. My thought is it you followed the rules and did as you were supposed to you probably wouldn't be in court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....pretty much my thoughts too...that might be another reason they avoid teachers...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Oh good answer on the worm question!!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do no even like the idea of touching a real worm....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid I would have to say no to most of these. Lol.

    I don't want to know how I would feel after eating 44 shrimp, but maybe it's about time I find a chestnut...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try the chestnuts......and I guess it depends on the size of the shrimp...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Loved all your answers Abby. Especially telling your Master that you haven't lied to him about your weight. LOL!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just covering all my bases...He know i would not....I always fess up..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Loved your answers Abby...happy you qualified your 'lied about weight' answer...sure wouldn't want Master getting the wrong idea! ;) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure would not want Master to get the wrong idea....trust and honesty are basics...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Me, too, Abby. I like that you made it plain that a lie would never escape your lips with the man in your life. I sort of slipped up on that one.

    You are so welcome. Thanks for giving us the Abby version. I always feel I get to know someone a bit better when they share their stories.

    Hugs Fro Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these also, and for the same reason...it is amazing how much we all have in common...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. abby, i love these!
    Sally Fields, AWESOME!
    being robbed, HOLY crap!
    and, i love your vacation/phone rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My adult kids don't love the phone rule, but after a couple of days...they adjust. I imagine it will be more of a challenge as the grands get older...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Awesome answers. Ray's appendix night in LV, we had dinner first and Cary Grant was at the next table. He didn't toast us though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls made sure she knew we were celebrating....they remind me of me when i was their age....that scares me a little...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Hi Abby, I loved your answers, and most would be like mine, too. Not Sally Fields, though. But it is pretty cool that you met her.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved her...my girls tried to convince me they planned it...LOL.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Love reading your answers. :-) mine are very similar, though I don't think I have every had a chestnut... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved these! We never lie to certain people! Lol
    I hope to do this one soon!

    ReplyDelete