Monday, October 5, 2015

Another Have I Ever???....From Terps

Terpisichore over at "Place to Share"  asked...so I am answering 
(I am creating one of my own....)

Have you ever danced down a street in Maine?
Yes as a matter of fact.  I went to college in Northern Maine, and there was this Pub..Pat's Place...after a lot of green beer in March.....
also, I was a majorette (in junior high) and twirled and danced in many parades.

Have you ever seen the seals on the pier in San Francisco?
Never been that far West, but would love to someday.

Have you ever stubbed your toe three times in a day?
Yes, probably more...my family knows me as the 'clutz'.

Have you ever been to Disney World?
Yes, a number of times...never too old to have fun there.  Hoping for another trip soon with the grands.

Have you ever laughed so hard you cried?
Oh yes, my sister and I do that often....

Have you ever injured yourself sneezing?
Hmmm..injure no...wet myself....yes. (is that tmi?)

Have you ever been playing a game with a child only to realize that you are still playing long after they left?
Yes, games, puzzles, books...

Have you ever spun yourself dizzy?
Is there anyone who hasn't..yes.


Have you ever said I love you and meant it?
Many times.....

Have you ever stopped and truly looked at the beauty in nature before you?
Growing up in Maine, hard not to...so yes again.

Have you ever been so relaxed and lazy spending Christmas day with your immediate family that instead of cooking a big fancy meal you ended up making hot dogs for dinner instead (and saved the Christmas meal for the day after)?
No, but sounds like a pefect way to spend the day.

Have you ever heard someone say hello and say hello back only to realize
 they were talking to someone else?
Oh my yes...those tiny cel phones will get you every time...

Have you ever wished upon the first star of the night while reciting the poem "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight" ?
Yes...and have taught many little ones to do so....fun to see their eyes sparkle as they think of a wish....

Have you ever opened your front door to be welcomed by a hissing snake?
Thank goodness NO....snakes are a phobia of mine.

Have you ever eaten peanut butter straight out of the jar?
How else do you know if it is still fresh?  yes...

Have you ever gone into the woods and screamed as loud as you could, just to see if you could?
No......but I am thinking..why haven't I?

Have you ever nursed your babies...almost 5 years in a row (2 years for the first child all the way through your pregnancy of the second and then 2-1/2 years with the second)?
No did not nurse.

Have you ever been so sleep deprived that you made a potentially 
dangerous mistake and even though everything turned out fine, you still feel guilty about it?
Thankfully...no

Have you ever gone outside on a rainy summer day with your umbrella so you could dance while singing "Singing in the Rain"?
LOL..no, but I am filing this as something to do with the grands.

Have you ever watching a lightning storm?
Yes, fascinating.

Have you ever spoken with someone in a completesly made-up language, just for fun?
I have, mainly to drive my sister crazy...

Have you ever written a children's book and tried to publish it?
No......

Have you ever felt the magic of holding someone's hand?
Yes...that connection, feeling of safeness, of belonging...yes!

Have you ever kissed someone at midnight?
Yes...and did not turn into a pumpkin.

Have you ever written a novel?
No......

Have you ever smiled so much your cheeks ached?
Yes...my family has a crazy streak...and I would not have it any other way.

Have you ever followed your dreams and started your own business?
No, I have never wanted to start my own business.

Have you ever cried during a commercial?
Yes...more so the older I get.

Have you ever jumped in the waves of the Atlantic ocean?
Often, summers in Maine were spent on the ocean.

Have you ever done the Hula in Hawaii?
No, but absolutely a bucket list item.

Have you ever followed a butterfly?  
Yes, and even caught a few in a net...and let them go.

Have you ever finger painted as an adult (not with a child present)?
No

Have you ever fallen up the stairs?
Yes...clutz remember?

Have you ever fallen down the stairs multiple times?
I have fallen down stairs


Have you ever walked into a wall, when you were completely sober? (did I mention I have a clumsy streak? And yes, I understand the irony considering I am a dancer at heart.)
Yes...guess we have clutzy in common.

Have you ever started to go into the wrong car?
LOL...Yes...even after I clicked the key I tried a second time....

Have you ever had a pet bunny? or a pet chinchilla? or pet fish?
Yes to fish and bunny...the bunny was grew to the size of a very large cat.

Have you ever played truth or dare? 
Sure have.

Have you ever felt really close to someone you've never met?
Yes again.....











19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your answers my fellow clutz! Loved all of them. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...so glad to be in such good company!
      hugs abbt

      Delete
  2. Hi Abby, loved reading your answers. Your answers to wishing upon the first star and singing in the rain made me smile :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some traditions should last for generations...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Hi Abby you have great answers. Love them all. I have a phobia to snakes also.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....Slimy, slithery...just plain scary...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Really fun answers! I can just picture you with the grands 'singing in the rain!'
    Glad you laugh and smile so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....My mom lived life to the fullest...a valuable lesson for all of us..not matter the sad and hard times...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. As I'm reading this I remember you are with your grands and wondering if you're 'singing in the rain" with them.

    Having fun, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far we have had nothing but sunshine..went to a huge New England states fair..had a zoo...a carnival...a circus...ton of food...and much more...that was one day.....i am going to be earlier every night.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Hi Abby, get those grandchildren outside and singing!!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully intend to....it is all the crazy things my mom did that we remember the most...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Hi Abby, it was fun reading your answers, loved them all.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....making memories is very important....carries us through the tough times..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Love! Btw, forget the umbrella. Just dance in the rain. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...great advice...thanks..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Hello to you, Abby. I am so with you on the snake question! Enjoy the grandkids and make some memories.

    Hugs from Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom was a great teacher at making memories...I am doing my best to follow her example...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. So fun to read your answers...we have so much in common. (Sorry about the toe stubbing, falling, and walking into things commonality) :-) I highly recommend dancing in the rain with the grands...with or without the umbrella - it is a lot of fun. :-) Can't wait to read part 3 you created... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete