Thursday, October 8, 2015

Abby's turn at...Have You Ever?..I have!

      I have had so much fun reading and answering the 'Have You Ever' posts, I decided I had to have one of my own...Thinking about what to write sure brought back some fun memories...

1.  Speed skated?  The skates have very long blades, and it was a Friday nite ritual in my home town.

2. Walked the Freedom Trail in Boston?  

3. Had a traditional Irish breakfast in Ireland?  I was the only one of my friends to taste everything on the plate.


4. Collected freshly laid...colored...eggs for breakfast?  My kids had the joy of a great-grandfather who would have a different farm animal for them to learn about every summer visit.  One year, he found a variety of chickens that laid different colored eggs...it was quite a morning!

5. Had your name chosen to be the fan who went on the ice at during a period break in a hockey game to try and score a goal....and I scored!

6. Visited all three countries in North America in 24 hours? I had not planned it...a girl scout day trip, a flight out to visit friends in Texas, and they decided to eat Mexican for dinner...

7. Danced on a table...umm...at a wedding and a class reunion and...

8. Played hookie from school....it was such a nice beach day.

9. Driven route 1 from Northern Maine all the way to Key West?  It was a great spring break!

10. Given birth to Irish twins...2 babies in the same year...and a 3  year old 'big' sister.

11. Served ice cream for breakfast?  My mom started this tradition with her grands.

12. My mom had 10 brothers and a sister.  They all had families and every year there was a very large family reunion. Have you ever dressed just like your sister...in a bright red outfit, with a hat?....showed up at the reunion totally confusing the relatives who did not see us regularly...and some who did.  Our teen aged children were mortified, of course, my mom once she got over the shock...loved it.

13. Chased a greased pig?  At one of the above reunions.

14. Dug, washed, steamed and of course finally ate clams?

15. Been on a teenaged television dance show?

If you have not...what are you waiting for...it is never too late to have fun!

hugs abby





20 comments:

  1. Irish twins! Wow, that would be busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow abby, Irish twins. I'd have lots of no's here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were rather personal...but they were what i thought of...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers Abby...Irish twins and a three year old? Oh good gravy...nervous breakdown time. ;) Congrats on making the goal! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not all that pleased to discover i was pregnant with a third...she has been a real blessing...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Love this Abby, this was fun to read. I would probably only have one yes answer lol. A lot of fun things :) Irish twins...wow!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were pretty personal, but there were great memories for me...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. You are more daring then I am!
    I'm an Irish twin myself!
    I'm thinking we should all do a have you ever... It would be fun to compare the weird wild things we've done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have done any of these! I am pretty hopeless at these have you evers. It seems to be no all the way.:(
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH...that is just because these were pretty unique and personal.....make one of yours...I would love to read it.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Hi Abby, I think I'd have no in most of these. Irish twins really must have been so busy, even more with the three year old kiddo. But then again it is lovely, and I like when siblings are not far apart with their age.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, basically three babies was crazy.....but the up side is that I could plan activities that all three would like...and they grew up to be very close...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Hi Abby, :) This was so much fun to read! I love that these are going around, and that you all are being creative with it too. I must get to answering these myself, as well as the others. Soon I hope!

    My very favourite is your number 12! That had me howling with laughter! Too funny and I can just picture that whole scene- as well as the look on all of the faces- kids especially. HAHAHA! Thanks for sharing. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi....my kids...and my sister's kids...have come to expect the unexpected from us....and to laugh at it....not quite so much when they were teenagers...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. One question - what on earth are Irish twins? Would love to know. Are they any different from any other type of twin?

    Loved all your questions/answers. Done some, especially the Irish breakfast - I ate everything except the black pudding! Lots of stuff I haven't done though. Does travelling through five European countries in one day count the same as US states? LOL!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    PS My forebears were from Tipperary. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irish twins is when you have 2 babies in the same year...they are less than a year apart. I would say 5 European countries count..I have done 3 of those also....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have danced on a table but nothing as exciting as one might think...and ice-cream for breakfast - of course!!! :-) This was great fun to read. Thanks for sharing your own personal have you evers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess to having danced on tables more than once....but not in a while...
      hugs abby

      Delete