Monday, September 21, 2015

Answers to Ami's....have i ever??

                Ami in her recent post at amistarsong.blogspot.com asked the question..have you ever?  Here are my replies....

          1.  Stood on top of a very high mountain or cliff, looking down at countryside, or out to sea?  I have, more than once, and it is always a time of wonder and peace.
         2  Lay on your back on a hot summer's night, listening to the crickets chirping, and watching the satellites as they chase each other across the heavens?  Yes, used to take the kids camping.  Reading this reminds me that it is time to give the grands this pleasure. 
       3.  Skinny-dipped at midnight?  Skinny dipping is on my bucket list and has not yet been crossed off....       
      4. Intentionally or inadvertently swum with sharks?
    No, unless the blow up kind count...and I hope to keep it that way.
        5.  Broken a bone in your body?  Twisted and sprained many parts...but so far, never a break.
        6. Driven a car at speeds in excess of 120 mph? (yes, I know it's illegal, but the motorway was very quiet at the time)  No....not even close.
        7. Played "Pooh Sticks"? No....but another to add to my to do list with the grands...thanks!
        8.  Run in a "Pancake" race? Run???...no not even for chocolate or ice cream.  Add to that, pancakes are not among the foods i eat by choice.
       9.  Had your eyelashes dyed? Not eyelashes...no.
       10.  Ridden a horse naked?  I have never pretended to be Lady Godiva....
       11.  Punted down the River Cam? (or any other river)   From the picture, looks like punting is something  you do standing up..so no.  Have paddled a canoe...
       12.  Played tennis in a short white tennis skirt whilst wearing minimal knickers?  Played tennis, yes..in a short white tennis skirt, no...so no also to the minimal knickers...
      13.  Helped an inebriated husband up the stairs at 2 in the morning?  no
      14.  Been too scared to get out of a swimming pool whilst on holiday, due to a very large Doberman sitting on the edge watching you? (no-one was around at the time) Ummm....no
     15.  Sat in a deckchair snoozing happily whilst the sound of leather on willow echoes distantly in your ears? I have done lots of deckchair snoozing....but not sure about the rest of the question.
     16.  Taken a ride on the Maid of the Mist under the Niagara Falls? Yes, more than once...I highly recommend it.
     18.  Been too liberal with the "Eau de Cologne" which then ran down where it shouldn't, which in turn caused you to hop madly around and rip your knickers off and throw them as far from you as you could?  No, but this question made me laugh...and painted quite a picture in my head
    19. Made snow angels?  Yes, with friends (not all of them sober), children and grands.
    20.  Lost a shoe in a ploughed field on a moonlight walk home after a party?  Have lost various pieces of clothing...including shoes..but never in a ploughed field.
21  Shrieked loudly, due to being spanked hard, and frightened away a visitor/s who turned and ran back down your drive - and now you never will know who was about to knock on your door. And you are desperately hoping they will never ask...Shrieked while being spanked...yes...if anyone was ever at the door, we never heard them.

Thanks Ami for a fun post!
hugs abby





  

        


     
         




  

20 comments:

  1. A lot of these made me smile and chuckle. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to make a friend smile....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Hi Abby, I enjoyed reading this and learn more about you. Losing clothes can happen so easily, it really doesn't take a ploughed field for that. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right.....losing clothes is only a problem if you can't find them later.....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Seriously no pooh sticks? Is this just a British thing then? When my children were wee we couldn't cross a bridge without first hunting for sticks. Great fun. N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...thanks for the info.....now i know...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers Abby! Will try to get my answers posted this weekend. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear i got to read more about you...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Great answers Abby. Skinny dipping is on my bucket list also.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day...some day...or night.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Hi Abby, this was fun to read, great answers! I have experienced No 18, ouch! lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, must be because i never spray when naked....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Abby, I soooo loved your answers and am sitting here with a big grin on my face.

    The sound of 'leather on willow' is a reference to the very English game of 'Cricket'; the bats are made of wood from willow trees, and the balls are made from a very hard leather. It is very peaceful to lie and snooze and listen without having to hare around after the ball!

    Thank you so much for joining in with this!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of cricket...never seen a game....thanks for educating me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Hi Abby,
    Our answers almost match to tee...the maid of the mist one I do have plans to do someday with my family... fun Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an hour or so away from the Falls...so many fun things to do....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Hi Abby, some fun answers here, There would be a lot of no on my list
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then get busy, my friend...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. I'm afraid many of my answers will be no.
    I enjoyed reading your responses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really..that surprises me.....start checking some off.....you can do it if i can...
      hugs abby

      Delete