Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Different Fun Friday

             Last week was one of those weeks, that can only be described as....thank goodness it is over!  There was family drama...not the good kind...and i hate family drama.  I try to watch and not speak...but that is not always possible.  Then Thursday my sister called with some worrisome news about her health.  She has been tired and feeling 'off' for a couple of weeks now.  This is the time of year that is especially busy for the business that her family owns, so we were not overly worried.  This past week, she went beyond tired and into exhaustion and just did not feel right.  She saw her doctor, had some testing done, and finally got some answers.  On Wednesday, she was told she had the pravo virus and mono.  I teased her with being a late bloomer with the mono.....On Thursday she got another call from the doc...more test results had come in and she has a rare form of mono...cmv virus.  By now she was only able to stay out of bed for less than 2 hours at a time, before she was exhausted.  It is rare and serious....she will be exhausted for at least a few months, and the best case is that in 6 months she will be feeling better.....but it could also take a year.  The virus has also been known to attack the spleen and liver...and lungs.  That would be critical.....
            I had not told Master about my sister when we met for Fun Friday.  Often with bad news, i like to think about it on my own...come to terms with it....before i share it.  So, i go to Master's have my naked kneeling...He was in a pinching mood with my nipples.  He kept asking me could i take more....to ask for it, until finally, He  stopped.  I then went over His knee, He had the...My Paddleman...paddle out.  Right from the first spank...which i will admit ...were a warm-up, i was moving and ouching.  Master stops and asks what the problem is...i tell Him, in addition to the drama from last week, i had more bad news, from my sister.  His phone is ringing, it is a call He has to take, so i get up and wait and pace.
       He returns and i expect to get back over His lap, when He picks up the paddle and puts it away......grabs my hand and pulls me onto His lap, sitting, pulled into Him, as He wraps His arms around me.  He asks a few questions, and i tell Him about my sister.  Even before i am done, the tears are flowing.  Master holds me and quietly talks to me, asking a few questions, that i manage to answer.  He is holding me tight, giving me His strength.  I finally stop crying, and we talk about the whole week, the drama, and how i might be able to deal better, the next time it happens.  Master tells me He is giving me a code......lap time....and the next time i get overwhelmed  i just need to say or text  Him...lap time...and He will know what i need, and make it happen.  
        We continue to chat, about our families, sharing some delightful childhood memories, and making plans, and just enjoying our closeness.  No spanking on this Friday.....but  i did get just what i needed...
       I would appreciate any prayers or whammies or whatever you can send my sister's way....
Thanks!

hugs abby

31 comments:

  1. Prayers for your sister. Hugs also for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abby,
    Please be there for your sister...she is going to need it. My wife contracted CMV more than 3 years ago and is now only starting to get back to normal. The biggest worry with cmv is that it progresses to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; a condition that very few doctors think exists (they say its all in your mind) and ever less are able to treat.

    Please tell her bed rest NOW is essential and give her and her family all the support you can.

    Sending you and your sister many prayers and blessings. May the Buddha of health hover over and protect you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you comment. My sister helped me when I had major surgery, with complications 2 years ago....I will be there for here now. We have always been close. It is good to hear from someone who has been there. hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Dear Abby,

    Lots of prayers... and whammies.

    love,

    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....i knew i could count on all of you.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I am here sending many prayers and thoughts your way! When our siblings are ill or hurting it is so scary! Thank goodness Master knew you needed lap time.
    Keep us in the know with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep you updated......thanks.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Prayers and thoughts for your sister. I really like your Master. He knew. You didn't tell Him but He knew something was wrong and He gave you exactly what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master reads me very well......and is good at being whatever i need.....i am lucky.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Prayers to your sister. I know this is a difficult time for you stay postive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...i am trying to stay positive especially when i am with my sister...but, yes it is difficult.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Oh Abby, my thoughts are with you and your sister
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your sisters illness, my thoughts are with you and your family. Glad, though, to hear your Master, is a good and thoughtful man, who was able to be there to help you cope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He takes good care of me....even when i don't think i need it....but right now i do...and i am glad He is here for me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister Abby, sending positive thoughts and prayers.

    I love how well your Master knows and reads you. He knew something was wrong without you telling him. I'm so glad he gave you what you needed. Please continue to lean on him when you need. It's what he wants you to do.

    Thinking of you all and sending huge ((hugs))

    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i will be leaning.....from what i have learned this could be a long haul...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. I wish your sister a quick recovery.
    And for you I am so glad your Master is so understanding and caring.

    Hug and kiss


    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....from what i have learned....we are looking at at least 1 year....maybe more....and that is with no complications.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. Wishing your sister all the best and hope for a quick recovery. Make sure you have plenty of laptime.
    hugs DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....I think i will be needing all that lap time...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  12. Hi Abby, I am sorry about your sister and hope she will get better as soon as possible. I am glad your Master was there for you. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...we can all use them.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. Oh abby, you and your sister have my positive thoughts and prayers.

    How wonderful that your M has provided comfort now and is ready to continue in the future. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs Abby will most definitely send good thoughts your way and to your sister. Isn't amazing how our Masters and Daddy know exactly what we need. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing,,,,and makes us very lucky ladies. Thanks...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  15. Sending you hugs, Abby and prayers for your sister. I love that your Master knew exactly what you needed.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks......Master is always right where i need Him to be.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  16. sending healing energy to your sister and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete