Saturday, January 10, 2015

A PS on the 'Unbirthday' post....

     Firstly, thank you all so much for the unbirthday  wishes....nothing like having an ordinary day turn extra special!!!!

    I have a few more reflections on the day that i would like to share.  Master knows when my birthday is....in March.  A few years after we met, when we were at the point of celebrating such events, i made sure to start hinting way ahead of time.  I learned a very long time ago that hinting is better that regretting.  ( Master would replace hinting with telling).  The last few years i have not had to hint, and He has never forgotten.  I think this was a case of.....if the phone, or computer, or internet says it is so,.....it must be.  He saw it on His phone, and without further thought, He put a plan in place. Altho, i was confused the night before when we were chatting, Master thought i was trying to pull His leg. 
     It also struck me, as i was thinking about it, how differently this would have played out before i met Master or even when i first met Him.  Let me set the scene for you:

     I walk in and He wishes me a Happy Birthday......I immediately, start a rant...full of sarcasm. How could He be so stupid, He should know by now, doesn't He know how to program His phone correctly...etc.  When i was done ranting, i would have probably said....it is not my birthday, save your celebration for when it is...and walked out with a slamming of the door.  Yep.....that is probably what would have happened.  Not pretty, but sadly, accurate.  
   Instead, we had a good laugh and a wonderful afternoon......there are many benefits to TTWD....and having a wonderful non-birthday celebration is one of them.  The icing on the cake....i can look forward to another celebration  when March rolls in:)!

Hope you are all staying warm and having a good weekend...
hugs abby

20 comments:

  1. Goes to prove we're never too old to learn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abby...Totally agree with Sunny. And two celebrations is great! ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too many celebrations.....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. abby, I really can't imaging you ranting like you described. A lady like you. :)

    Hugs,

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....let's just say i have mellowed under Master...lol.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Hi Abby, I can't really imagine you ranting like that either, but this is wonderful and shows how far you have both come. Plus, you get to celebrate twice :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i was great at ranting......but i let off a lot of steam, bust never really felt better after.....we have come a long way.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Great reflections abby, I was only this morning thinking myself that my reactions to some situations are so different now to how they used to be. For the better for all concerned. So glad your unbirthday was such fun, bet you are looking forward to the real thing in March! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to March...and yes, my reactions are for the better also.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Are we both Pisces babies?

    Wow that the rant didn't get you into too much trouble. It would have gotten my hide so licked (and not in the good way) I wouldn't be able to sleep for days!!

    Oh, I have to "remind" mine about when my birthday is too. I have learned that He needs me to tell Him, not hint, but straight out to tell Him and a few times too. We will see how this year goes. Last year I did tell Him a week before (and right after I very good play session where both our adrenaline was pumping) and He forgot. Lesson learned.

    A second celebration sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are both Pisces...somehow i am not surprised. Those rants were pre Master days....life is much better without them.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Hinting is better than regretting and telling is better than hinting - well said, this is something we all should hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...it would prevent many a 'rant'...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. It is difficult to imagine you ranting. But I guess we all have that emotion in us. The lifestyle has helped me to bite my tongue more than before. And I have lowered no I have come to try and let the way Ty does things be the right way and appreciate them. Letting go of expectations and hopes is hard. So glad that it all worked out and I really hope the Christmas paddle was well liked by both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all...we both love that paddle....i do most of the time. And the look on his face when he opened it was priceless. My rant days were with my ex...mostly...and i still feel most of them were well deserved. Master gives me a lot less to rant about...and would not tolerate it....lol.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Hinting is better than regretting and telling is better than hinting

    I love this also! Something that I do too. My Master always kids me and tells me my birthday is two days earlier than it really is- a joke going back to the early years when he couldn't remember if it was the 27th or the 29th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i used to be a great hinter...really it mostly is a waste of time...just come out and say it.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. I can see that scene happening in my world! That angry outburst that doesn't leave room for anything else. I know this has changed me because although it still happens, it happens less and less. And instead of retreating, Luke lets me boil it all out and then takes it out on my behind. It's hard to stop and think it through in those moments. I have to remember he wants to hear the emotions but they need to come out in a way that leads to a discussion. What has helped you get to this place Abby? I love that you were able to handle it in a better way and that the results were a connection between you and Master instead of a slamming door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mutual respect is a biggie for Master. Even the hint of a little bit of 'snippiness' in my voice.....gets a warning. It is not ease to change, but it is so worth it.
      hugs abby

      Delete