Saturday, December 6, 2014

500 Posts!!

         I am not a person who watches her stats. I have never been a numbers person...math is a necessary evil.  When Master asks about blog stats (engineer...numbers Man), i always say...i have no idea.  I did happen to notice last week that i was close to 500 posts.  The thought of that surprised me...500??..how did that happen.  How did i ever have enough to say....i sure hope i have not been boring!
       I started blogging because i was told i had to. I had all the same worries most of you probably had...what if no one reads, what if they think i am nuts, what if no one ever comments.  After about 2 months i said to Master, i am done. He told me to continue for 6 months, after that the choice would be mine.  That was about 5 years ago.  
        What i did not know..or expect..are the many benefits this blog has provided.  Yes, i now have a place to look back on ( have been a diary keeper since high school), but even more importantly i have discovered many things about this blogging community.  
.......it is a place of acceptance....spanking is a general term...the how's and why's and what else is our 'kink'...all of it is accepted.  
.....i have made friends, that go beyond this blog.  We play games, we email, we care about each other.
....i have a place to go for a daily giggle, or for some Friday Fails that make you wonder what were they thinking, or recipes, or to read some wonderful free stories, or to reinforce that i am not overly weird, or to learn about customs and life in others countries, to connect with like minded people, or to learn about new ways and ideas.
....i have received such support and encouragement during times of grief or illness.
 ..Thank you all....
hugs abby


      

34 comments:

  1. That's amazing Abby, congratulations!! I'll have to go back and read your beginnings. I've only been reading here a short time but I often think, I wonder what Abby would say about that. So glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clara. I am glad we found each other!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Congratulations abby. I'm somewhere around there too. Like you, I'm amazed I've had that much to say or that people come to read.

    Glad you're here and I hope to be able to congratulate you on your 1000th post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should make a pact....1000 posts for both of us.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 500 posts! That is quite an accomplishment and I look forward to reading many more... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terp, i was quite surprised with i realized i had written that much.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 500 posts Abby! That's an awesome milestone. Always enjoy your posts and you often give me much food for thought. I'm so glad Master 'encouraged' you to blog. Looking forward to many more posts :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, you are one of the many benefits that blogging has brought me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on hitting 5 years and 500 posts Abby! I enjoy coming to visit and see what you and Master have been doing. Looking forward to the next 500!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat.....blogging was one of Master's best 'suggestions'.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the 500th post. I may not have read all of them, but those I have read I enjoy very much. so we should thank you for your kindness, your openness (I'm sure you are helping countless number of lurkers to come to terms on what and who they are) and simply being the wonderful woman that you are.


    thank you Abby,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such kinds words, from a true gentleman. Thank You
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. 5 years, 500 posts - what an fabulous achievement - congratulations.
    Keep going. Please :)
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....what started because i had to.....has very much become i want to...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Abby,

    Congratulations on your 500th post. Here's to the next 500.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ronnie...you have inspired me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Hi abby, congratulations on the first 500, that's awesome. I hope to read many many more!

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Abby!! Much love. Can't wait for the next 500

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sub hub.....and thanks for being a loyal reader.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. 500 posts, Abby!! :) How wonderful! Many congrats! :)

    I love coming by here to read, and I can assure you that you are never boring! You write about all that your blogging has given to you, but you have also given a lot of the very same to us! Thank you for writing, and for being a friend! I so look forward to the next 500! Hope that you and Master can celebrate! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie....i love it when life surprises you with giving you much more than you expected...i never expected such wonderful perks from blogging.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  12. Hi Abby Congratulations on five years and five hundred posts. That is a lot os spanking there!! You are not boring at all , I always like to read about your adventures
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of it that way...but it is a lot of spanking...luckily most of it the good girl type.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. Wow, what an accomplishment! I'm so glad you're here, abby!

    Blogging turned out to be so much more for me as well. This post makes me wonder where I will be in five years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in five years I expect to be reading a post on the many wonderful things that you have accomplished.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  14. This is so exciting! I love coming here! I still remember your comments on my blog as such a newbie!
    Can't wait to read everything on your next 1000 posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend. Not sure about 1000 more, but i do plan to be around for a while...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  15. Congratulations! Love your blog, and am so glad I know you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sofia....the feeling is mutual.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  16. Kudos Abby. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  17. You are goog, Abby.
    500 posts.. inmy eays better then 500 with...something..lol..
    (You know, I could not help ..lol ..)

    I look forward 500 posts more from you Abby.

    Hugs,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL...you gave me my first smile of the day...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete