Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 4...Seven things that cross my mind a lot....

     So....i sort of panicked when i read this....first thought was..which 7 do i choose....next thought was...can i choose 7 that will not make everyone think i am crazy!  Here goes....and they are not in a any special order...

1.  Of course....my grands. This is helped along by the fact that i get new pics every day... lucky me!

2.  Master,  we are are  frequently in touch, He likes to keep close tabs on me....i never...well never before Master....thought that being kept close tabs on could be a good thing.

3.  Health...good and bad.  Since last year, i am truly thankful for every day that i am healthy and able to enjoy the day....even if sometimes my knees let me know that i am getting older.

4.  Food....yeah, but in a different way than i used to...that is progress.  I now am much more aware of everything i eat, and plan ahead if a special meal is in the works for dinner...(with the exception of ice cream..i am always ready for ice cream).

5.  The disparity in the distribution of goods that exists today.  I taught in a city school for a long time...and the lack of the basics for the students i saw each day will never leave me....but will always prod me on to try to help.

6.  If it's baseball season the Red Sox......can't help it once a fan, always a fan. 

7. "Who should i give a smile to, today?"  That is a question i ask myself before i even get out of bed every morning.  Once i have an answer...a phone call, a written note, a small surprise gift, a donation of time to a cause......i start my day with at least one 'must do' for the day.

hugs abby

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE #7! Everyone should start doing that right now, myself included. I will have to make more of an effort.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It quickly becomes a habit and even the little things can bring a smile to someone.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing a wonderful list Abby...#1 crosses my mind a lot also and I agree with Missy regarding #7...we should all start doing this...you are inspirational!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....but i feel i have been so lucky, i need to give back.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Thanks....smiles are a very good thing.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful list Abby, I love No 7 and No 2 made me sm :) Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roz. I like the thinking that these posts is requiring.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete