Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 2....9 Things about myself...

          This one sounds easy, but i feel like i have already shared most of the 'cool' stuff.....

1.  I once spent 2 afternoons at a bar in New Orleans  (with 2 extremely good friends) singing "New York, New York", while doing our version of the can can.  Yes, they invited us back for the second day.

2.  Growing up i had 18 sets of aunts and uncles, mostly all living in the same small town.

3.  I never drank coffee until about 7 years ago....then i spent a week at my sister's and her Kurig made me an addict.

4.  I have kissed the Blarney Stone.

5.  Halloween is my least favorite holiday...not sure why....did not even like it that much as a kid.

6.  My hair was once all the way to my bottom.

7.  All of my family photos are in albums (well back when we took real pictures), labeled with year and names on the back. Yes, that is a whole lot of albums.

8.  One of my goals is to go skinny dipping....yep, has not happened yet.

9.  I got to hold all 4 of my grands within an hour of their birth.

hugs abby

15 comments:

  1. nice list! I've skinny dipped...way back when I was 18 and lithe and it was SO fun to be so naughty. I "skinny dipped" in the air in the house this weekend when the family was out, running up and down the stairs in my cold house just happy to be nekked...that's gotta count for something...right? LOL

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....and running up and down the stairs neeked...sure counts for something...just not sure what!! How i would love to spend a weekend with you...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. One thing we have in common - I never drank coffee until I was in my early 50's and then a Kurig got me too! And I would definitely push for the skinny dipping, we have a pool and we skinny dip often at night - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....neither one of us has a pool....but i will find a way. Those Kurigs are addictive.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Great list! I enjoy learning more about you!

    I have danced the Can Can... In a few bars, once in a corset and flared skirt. I have also kissed the Blarney Stone.
    I have never skinny dipped. Shorts and a bra.... Once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a few bars....LOL....I am thinking you and i could have a lot of fun together....we might not be sitting comfortable afterward...but ...might be worth it!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is really long hair, Abby. I think it's truly wonderful that you were there when your grandchildren were born. It shows again to me what a truly wonderful person you are, from the inside I mean. It's only when you've seen the opposite you appreciate core values in a woman.


    Thank you for sharing,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice complement , my friend!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this and learning more about you Abby. Love number one and how wonderful you held all your grands within an hour of being born. I've never been skinny dipping either.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And....we were all catholic school teachers at the time! On a school vacation in New Orleans.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Hi Abby, I hate Halloween too. and oh gosh I am jealous of the last one. I long for grandchildren,
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May you be blest with grandchildren...they are so much fun...and so loving...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Love learning more about you. It sounds as if you've had a really fun life and that you're still living life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had quite a few....adventures?.......and still hoping for more...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Love your list Abby...I love skinny dipping...wish I had a pool so I could do it on a regular basis...of course this was back when I was skinny. :(

    How lovely that you got to hold all your grands so soon after their births! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading about more adventures in the near future.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete