Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Finally, an update!

      I have been wanting to post an update, most nights i have been just too tired to think straight enough to compose anything.  
     First, I want to thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, warm wishes....i have not replied to the comments, i just have not had the energy.
Please keep them coming....
    My first week with my mom was wonderful.  She was in recovery mode, and i would show up at lunch time, with lunch for both of us.  We spent the time talking, laughing, crying...a little, looking at old family photos, playing cribbage, and just enjoying each other's company.  She was improving a little each day.
     Since she was doing so well, i accepted my son's invitation to go back to his place and see Disney's on Ice production of Frozen.  Both girls were so enthralled by it...i had a tough time deciding if i should watch their little faces or the production.
    I checked my phone on the way out....several messages, my mom had been rushed to the hospital.  My son drove me to mom's she was in serious condition.  She rallied, and although still very ill, she seemed to be making progress.  I decided to come home for a week or two.
     Today, mom went into hospice, so i will be traveling back to spend some precious time with her.  My trip back home was well timed, i so needed some 'Master time'.  My time to recharge, to cry, to be held, to talk about my feelings....to be able to breathe again, and relax a bit.
     Of course, Master also reminded me that...um...i got into a little trouble..maybe more than a little.  I knew what He was talking about and said it was just a reflex and i knew as soon as it happened i should not have done it.  He is going to be sure it does not happen again....I hung up on Him.  I can hardly believe it myself....but we were texting, He wanted me to call Him so we could chat, i was sure that talking to Him would just end up in my crying...i had been holding back tears all day, it had not been a good day.
  He wanted my tears, wanted me to call...and when i did not....He called me....and i hung up on Him.  He did not call me on it right then, we continued to text.....and i thought that maybe.......But He reminded me today, that He did remember.  So there is a spanking in my future, probably before i leave....something to take with me, to remind me....that i have someone to lean on, to hold me, to give my tears to.

hugs abby
     

34 comments:

  1. Oh Abby...I am so sorry about your mom but thankful that you've had some lovely quality time with her. You definitely need a bit of time with Master...lean on him...let him have your tears so you can remain strong for your mom. OMG...you hung up on him? Oh hon...that is going to be a spanking to remember. :( Sending lots of prayers and healing energy.

    Lots of Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...you are so right on all counts!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear about your mom, abby! I've been thinking about you, wondering how things were going. It's good that you have your family and Master to give you some light in the darkness...

    Hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You.....having lots of support gets us thru the tough times.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry abby. My thoughts and prayers are with you. So glad your Master is taking control and showing you that He is in control. You need to trust in Him. Give it all to Him, He wants you too. He wants to be your strength. Allow Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right....I need to trust him more.....and lean on Him and know He has me covered...because He does. He told me it makes it easier for Him when i lean on Him...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Abby I am so sorry to hear about your mom, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....we are a close family and that helps at times like these...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry abby. It's never easy glad you have the Master's support and your family to rally round,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not easy but a part of life.....right now we all just want mom to be at peace.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry wishing you and yours many good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your mom. Sharing your feelings with the one you love is vital, but you know that already. You are in my thoughts.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know it, sometimes i fall back into old habits....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, as you know, I am going through something similar. My thoughts are with you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and same back to you....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Abby, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm so glad you have had some lovely quality time with her and that you have your family and Master. Lean on him Abby and give him your tears.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz....He has been such a rock for me, He has me covered.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Abby,

    Ii am so sorry to hear about your Mom. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....all this support does help.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. Abby - this is such a hard thing to move through, i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard saying good bye.....but it is also part of life....everyone's support means a lot. Thanks..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  12. Abby, Sorry about your mum. Sending you hugs and you're in my thoughts.
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Abby, in the toughest of times we can do things without thought. I am sure that your Master understands and wisely knows just how to help you with that. Mostly it is wonderful that you have someone by your side, someone that you can just be you around, to help you get through these kinds of times. I am thinking of you! :)

    I'm so very sorry about your mom. This is the hardest of things that life brings us. I am glad that you had that time together, and that you can go to her now. Hope that you know that we are all with you in spirit and friendship. Prayers and warm thoughts
    sent your way. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I am so thankful that i have been able to spend so much time with her in the past couple months...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  14. Gosh Abby I am so sorry. I have been thinking about you. I'm sending prayers your way.
    I know that hanging up happens only when our stress is beyond our ability to deal with rationally. Master will know which direction he needs to take you.
    Try and take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has always told me...i need to take care of me.....Thanks my friend.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  15. Big hugs abby... just echoing what everyone else has already said and adding another virtual hug. My thoughts are with you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...those hugs help a lot.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  16. Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family. I've been where you are and sincerely hope your Mom has a peaceful, pain free passing surrounded by her family and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is our wish also....thank you.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  17. Oh, abby, I only can write the same as the other commenters. I am thinking of your Mom and you. We all know life has an end. Yet we don't want to lose our loved ones. I hope your Mom isn't suffering. I wish you all strength you'll need. Take care of yourself too. I am glad you can rely on your Master.

    Hugs.

    appy

    ReplyDelete