Thursday, July 10, 2014

E.....is for......exercise:(

         It is no secret that i am not a lover of exercise.  Master, on the other hand, seems to think it should be a part of daily life...specifically, my life.
I have never found a sport i was good at....
   tried softball...could not hit, barely catch the darn ball
   swimming....i can keep myself above water, love the back stoke or float
   bowling...i could hold my own, but then the team would always go out for drinks and dinner...took in more calories than i burned
    tried golf....it was great exercise as i walked every part of the course, and some parts off the course looking for my ball
    You get the idea...
  Master usually lets me choose what i want to commit to...earlier this year He decided i had to join a gym.  UGH....did that a long time ago, did not like going or being there.  I kept putting it off, but a  couple basement visits, and all of you urging me on...i joined Curves.  Really, it is not all that bad.  The people are very nice, i go at the same time most days, so i know the others there, and i do it first thing in the morning.  It has become part of my routine.  I have to exercise 5 days a week..either Curves or walking.  I have loss a little weight, mostly inches and some firming.  
  Am i a convert....no.  If it weren't for Master i would still be taking my occasional walks (strolls)....and calling it good.  Am i healthier, it seems so...my doctors are pleased with my numbers on tests. Master is pleased that i am following His directive...my kids are pleased that i have more energy and look better.....so maybe Master was right in insisting..LOL.

hugs abby 
         

14 comments:

  1. LOL Abby...I'm not partial to exercise either...do try to exercise every day...some days better than others. ;) Happy you have Master to help you.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helps me is a very nice way of putting it....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I hate the E word, I do try to walk each day. I used to belong to curves until I couldn't stand the circuit any more. Is it still the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep..same circuit...i kind of like it routine of it...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. A gym! What on earth is that? never been in one and never plan to start either. I do dance for a living so I think maybe I escape by the skin of my teeth. I do walk a little bit but really the E thing is not for me. I admire you for sticking to it though. I don't think any number of spankings would motivate me
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....you obviously have not met Master. Dancing, i envy you...doing something you love and getting the exercise in at the same time.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I feel exactly the same about exercise as you do, Abby. I hate the mind-deadening boredom of going to a gym, and membership over here is expensive to say the least. The thought of going five times a week - well, I just don't have time to do it. But I am with you in mind and spirit if not in body. I just wish I had your staying power. I hope Master will reward you!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your mind/spirit encouragement......and Master does reward good behavior:))
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. As I see, abby, we have more in common than our love for words. We also share our No-love for training .. lol ..

    Hugs,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, my friend...i bet we have lots in common!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. I'm not a fan of exercise either but do try most days. Glad to hear you are seeing the benefits. Good on you!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..the last couple weeks have ruined most of the good...but i am getting back on that darn horse again.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. I wish I was one of those people who loved to exercise or cleaning house for stress relief or enjoyment. Alas I am not. I am trying to get in the habit of doing a little exercise every day...I was doing well until the start of school vacation and have not looked back. Clearly I need motivation. :-) Glad you have found yours

    ReplyDelete
  8. The past couple months have been rough...been away a lot...have had lots of company....Master has been patient...but He is at the end of His patience.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete