Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yes, i can serve Master while i am away...

   And yes, the title was 'suggested' by Master...umm a few days ago...as a reminder that i have been neglecting my blog.  I am on a train leaving my son's and going to spend some more time with my mom.  It has been an exhausting couple of weeks....but filled with blessings also.  I have done a little (way to little to keep me happy and informed) blog reading, written an occasional comment, and thought of blogging at night when i finally get to sit and it us quiet....but then the call of a bed and sleep has been much stronger than the call of the blog.
    Thank you all for the good wishes for my mom.  She is....weak and tired most of the time. Her heart is only working at 20%.  When she leaves rehab we have found an assisted living place that we are all happy with....with meds and a restricted diet the doctors say she should be ok....until the day she isn't...and her heart just cannot keep up.  We have all spent time together talking, praying, crying and laughing....and for the most part we have supported each other.
       I took a couple days to go spend time with my son's family...and 2 very delightful young ladies...ages 2 and 4.  I was invited to be a guest reader at the pre-school the 4 year old attends.  It was frog week...and i have collected frogs since college.  I arrived armed with my favorite frog books and dressed for the occasion.  My little grand was so excited to have me there, and we all had fun learning more about frogs.  As i was leaving they sang me a special song...and the preK teacher remarked...You must have been a teacher..i considered it a grand compliment.
       Over the weekend all of my mom's grands and great-grands will be gathering.  There is a family wedding and it has been a number of years since a couple of the nieces have been back...so it will be a wonderful and bittersweet time.  
       Master is so amazing...even when we are physically apart He knows how to keep me close, how to comfort me....His words and actions always seem to be exactly what  i need.  We talk and text, and i send photos...some of the grands, some of different parts of my anatomy, some of an activity i am engaged in...He will often text me an extra task...and we stay connected...
    I am hoping to be back home the beginning of next week....
hugs abby

20 comments:

  1. Oh, abby, this is a cute blogpost..I am sorry for your mom, but as long as she is not in pain or suffering, it's ok. That is life.
    I'm glad that you get from your Master what you find important to you right now ...

    Many hugs to you, abby.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cycles of life were very much evidence..a new little one was born into our family today...a wonderful blessing.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Dear abby,
    I am glad you had good time in spite of the worry about your Mom. And I am haapy about your Master's support.
    Thanks for updating your blog.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our family is strong, we support each other..that is a real blessing.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Oh, Abby.... I envy the years you've had your mom but I can't imagine how bittersweet it is to watch a parent grow old. My parents both died young and I miss what wasn't..... Even these worrisome times.

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Eva, i am sorry for your early loss. It is bittersweet, but it comes with beautiful memories.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. What a delightful post abby. Good luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and the comment!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear from you and that things are as good as can be expected. Have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the wedding was lovely...and watching all the grands on the dance floor was a hoot!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Oh I am glad to see you here. I think I missed something...
    Did your mom have a down turn? We need to talk, my dad has done so well on a restricted diet and with a very challenging heart diagnosis!
    Glad you and Master are keeping close through the distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my mom did. Her heart is severely damaged.....it was a visit filled with many emotions.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Hey Abby...happy to hear things are as well as can be expected with your mom...continuing to send prayers and healing energy.

    With all your family getting together for the first time in years, make sure everyone takes plenty of pictures. I would also suggest you have 2 or 3 or your more tech savvy family members set up an online photo share site. There are several to pick from and I'm sure that one or more of them are familiar with them. ;)

    Hang in there and reach out to Master if needed.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cat...i think we would win the most picture taking family ever! We have tons of albums...and yes they are all dated and names included...And we do use on of the sharing sites.....thanks for the prayers and energy.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Hi Abby, glad to hear from you and that things are as well as can be expected with you Mom. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you all.

    I hope you have a wonderful family gathering at the wedding this weekend. I'm glad that so many of the family will be there.

    The visit to your grand's school sounds delightful and such a compliment from the teacher:)

    So happy to hear Master is there for you providing support from a distance and ensuring you remain connected.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz.....seems like i have been away forever, but it has been worth it.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Family time is grand and sounds like you've had some very special moments my friend. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....we have enjoyed many wonderful moments.....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Happy to hear things are as well as can be...will continue to think positive thoughts for you and your mom.

    So I have to say as a once preschool teacher I now have my two favorite frog songs stuck in my head... :-) I am sure your grand kids loved having you with them as much as you did them... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...sorry about that frog song......
      hugs abby

      Delete