Tuesday, June 24, 2014

T is for truism.....

*** For those of you who participated in my last post...i am sad to report no one get's a gold star....no 100%....but a couple 80%.  Master is the spicy food lover, i need antacids to keep up, and He has been to Italy, where He has family.  I used to speed skate, every Friday night at an outside rink.  We would race, record the results, change skates to the figure skating kind, then spend the rest of the nigh skating to music.  I also am fluent in French..form K on, 1/2 of my day at school was taught in French.

    Truisms usually find you shaking your head and nodding at the same time.  In the past most of them came from the bible (book of Proverbs), movies or books.  Today i think most of them come from Facebook.
Here are a few that i have not seen on Facebook....yet.

~~~The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.

~~~The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

~~~Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

~~~Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

and finally......great advice..
~~~Never, ever mix sleeping pills and laxatives.

hugs abby

10 comments:

  1. I didn't guess them all correctly? Dang. It was fun and great to learn these facts about you and your Master.

    Love the truisms, esp the last one! LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured the last one would be a hit...LOL
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are lots of good ones around...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Great truisms.
    I'm the same with spicy food - antacid dependent :( more to do with a lack of gallbladder I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...i have no gall bladder either....interesting..thanks
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. LOL Abby...okay so I didn't get 100%...guess I'll just have to study harder next time. ;) Love your truisms...my shins don't find furniture, my toes do. LOL

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Cat...either toe or shin,,,no fun.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Fine word, abby, Truism.

    So you could say that the absolute truism must be something which is written as:
    Al-truism ... or? lol ..

    Hugs, my friend,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.......i love your comments, my friend.
      hugs abby

      Delete