Sunday, June 29, 2014

O....orange!!

     Orange has always been my favorite color.  It is not a popular choice, but i never really cared.  As i get older, i still love it.  Have you seen the posters that proclaim...when i get older i will wear purple...well i have been wearing orange for a long time....and still am.
    About 6 weeks ago, my daughter told me we were going shopping.  I was interested until she informed me it was for new clothes for me...clothes that fit, since she was tired of seeing me wear the same clothes for years....and no matter what size i am, i wear them.  I was not thrilled at the prospect, she is a much fussier shopper than i am.
     But to my everlasting surprise, it seems that the fashion world has finally caught up to me.   I found an abundance of orange clothing.  Well, not all orange, but orange with while stripes, orange mixed in with other colors..lots of orange.  My daughter let me choose all the orange things...in my correct size....without too much rolling of her eyes.  I also bought a couple that were not orange...just for variety.
   We were also looking for a dress for me to wear to a family wedding.  She kept saying...no orange.  I kept insisting i could just go to the back of my closet and find something i had not worn i a while.  After a much too long afternoon of trying on everything she handed me, and not being able to agree on anything, she finally agreed....find something in your closet!
   About a week later, i went back to a couple of the stores.  I had found one in my closet i could wear, but i was not all that happy with  it.  I immediately find a coral dress that i loved.  A dress with a short jacket, fairly plain, but in my new size and fit perfectly and was coral....so close to orange.  It was 80.00....but i figured it was worth it.  Got to the check out to hear....32.28...i looked at the clerk.  She laughed and said it was on the deeply reduced rack.  The orange gods were with me.  I wore it and received lots of compliments...go orange!!!
hugs abby

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I love those surprise discounts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you find a bargain.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly only buy on sale...but i was really pleased with this surprise.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Wow Abby, that was a real score. Don't you love those kind of surprises:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could use a lot more of them!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I like orange too and didn't even go to Syracuse Univ where I think orange is their color. Painted my guest room a very bright orange but when Don left last Oct redid it in a muted green. He came back a month ago so happy to have computer room not orange anymore. My kid and I spent lots of time and money at country curtains redecorating. It's great having kids who know how to do stuff like hang roller shade and valences. I have two of those delightful girls who put stuff together for me. My son did change a lightbulb for me today, so shouldn't complain but my girls are great at helping me actually get stuff done. Becca and her boyfriend actually did the painting for me.

    Orange is still a great color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about Syracuse... i did not go there either. It is a great colot!
      hugs abby

      Delete