Wednesday, February 19, 2014

From grandma to nursemaid...

         I have spent the last week  wearing my grandma hat, enjoying special times with a 4 year old who is going on 13, and an almost 2 year old, who i guarantee could make you smile no matter what kind of day you are having.  We did crafts, colored, had dance parties, went to a museum, cooked, and i became familiar with "Paw Patrol" and " Agent Oso".   Of the 7 days, 4 of them were very snowy.....but at least i had great company to stay in and have fun with.

      I am now at my sister's playing nursemaid...i can already tell it will not be as much fun!  Her surgery went very well (thank you all for the good wishes), her recovery consists of good and bad days, which i think is pretty normal for most people.  Part of each day will be spent with my mom and getting done whatever she needs.  It is good for me...for us...to have this time.

     As for Master, He is keeping me in check, long distance style.  I have my 'tool box' of things that remind me that distance does not change my submission.  He also likes to surprise me....Last week, when i asked for permission to go out for lunch one day, the reply was.....salad and water.  He has never told me what to order. Yes, i was surprised!  I figured the salad was non-negotiable, and i do regularly have salad for lunch.  But, i am an iced tea addict.  I drink it with meals and all day.  So i asked for iced tea......i was able to order lemon with my water.  Yesterday, He asked me how i was going to serve Him during the day....a fairly common question.  I do a task for Him each day....a no panty day, some corner time, wearing ankle cuffs all day...it varies.  I was in sort of a hurry when He asked, so i said a no panty day, which is usually acceptable.  Not yesterday, He wanted something else, something more.  As i was trying to come up with something, He told me to make a collar out of yarn or ribbon and wear it all day.  I did manage to find some ribbon, and sent Him a picture of my 'collar'.  We have never discussed collars, so i was surprised at His suggestion  I was also told to wear it to bed, but could remove it....and keep it handy....before my shower today.  

     Now that i am not busy with the grands, i should have more time to check in on all of you....

hugs abby

23 comments:

  1. How I envy you that grandma time :-) And I do understand the strains of playing nurse to post surgical patients. I hope your sister recovers well and quickly. Take good care of you.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, i am a much better at the grandma role than i am as a nurse...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Grands make eveything better, don't they. Glad your sister's surgery went well - don't overdo. Enjoy the time with your mom. Master does stay on top of things, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grands sure do.....and Master....He sure does too.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Hey Abby...so happy you got to spend such a lovely time with your grands...a bit jealous. ;) Hope your sister continues to recover well...yes, ups and downs is the way surgical recovery goes. Happy you have time to spend with your mom. Ooh...Master is making sure you behave yourself isn't he! ;) Sending lots of prayers and healing energy for your sister.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat....she is doing ok, still struggling with pain.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Wishing your sister a speedy recovery; it is sometimes a good thing to have an excuse to spend time with family. Time with your grandchildren sounds wonderful :)
    So good also to be constantly reminded of your submission - something I am rediscovering now. J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those reminders are necessary for me when we apart for a time. In the past, i would get really out of sync.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Hi Abby, I'm so glad you enjoyed your grandma time. It sounds as though you all had a wonderful time :) Enjoy your time with you Mom.

    Glad to hear your sister's surgery went well and wishing her all the best with her recovery.

    Oh my, it does sound as though Master is keeping you on your toes and reminded or your submission! Wonderful feeling to be reminded isn't it? :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to be reminded, these separations used to really put me in a bad place submissively....we have both learned how to ...mostly....prevent that.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Life is like a roller coaster, twists and turns, ups and downs. Hope that all returns to somewhat normalcy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Blondie, i am ready for a calmer ride....maybe a carousel.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. abby,

    Thank you for sharing. I am glad the surgery went well.

    Hugs,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hopefully this year we are get all the hospitals stay out of the way early in the year.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Hi Abby glad your sister is recovering well and that you enjoyed your time with your grandkids. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terp....i am anxious to get back and just be me.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. I am glad all is going well. It is wonderful your Master always is surprising you.
    Hugs,
    appy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Master always seems to be able to sense when i need Him to step in and give me more..

    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man I am late here! Sheesh I am sorry.
    So glad you had time with the grands. Nursing is very rewarding, but challenging!
    Glad you and master stay connected no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No sorries i an honored that you take the time to visit.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad things are going good even if they are busy. Time with family means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh abby...I've not read in a bit of time (my terrible bad)...and this post just *did* it for me. That whole "submission from afar" is very familiar, and I know how good it feels (albeit shocking!) when They order us to do a thing that they normally don't...! The is whole post made me smile. Hoping you have more healing happening, and enjoy your family time.

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks nilla....you are right...that shock that starts with WHAT...how dare He..and ends up i am so glad He did.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete