Happy first day of 2014 all! I thought i would start off the year with a meme.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I had surgery....twice..could have done without that. I also guess i have been lucky that it took so long for that to happen.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I keep the ones i share with Master. This year, i want to be more open and vulnerable, and to enjoy each day, and to exercise 5 times a week.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not this past year....but my niece announced a new babe will be here in July!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My sister's father in law.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? To stay healthy.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 11 and Sept. 4th....the dates of my surgeries, Dec. 15 going to the Rockettes show with my entire family.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmmm, nothing stands out.
9. What was your biggest failure? I have to say....nothing comes to mind here.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, as my surgeon said.....the surgery and recovery from hell. He said he will remember me always.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to the "Fresh Beat Band" concert...my 5 year old granddaughter said it was the best day of her life!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My 3 children. During my surgeries and long recovery, they took turns playing nurse, calling every day, and sending me surprise goodies. Their care and encouragement was a real blessing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I do not want to get political....but what goes on in Washington is often appalling.
14. Where did most of your money go? Good question....it just seems to go! Nothing major that i can remember.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? A week's vacation by the ocean with all the kids and grands.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? " So Happy Together", it is the theme for my family....we are always so happy to be together. I know it is a real oldie!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier, just to be here.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise, helping others.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being ill...recovering, playing on the computer.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With all of my family...the best way possible.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013? Every time i see the grands!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Not a big TV fan, but i do enjoy The Amazing Race and Top Chef.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate, none.... there are several people i find annoying..
24. What was the best book you read? The most recent best is The End of Your Life Book Club. Everyone in our book club loved it..which rarely happens.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ummm....did not have one??
26. What did you want and get? Tickets to see "Les Miz" and "Phantom of the Opera". I have seem them both several times, but just never tire of seeing them.
27. What did you want and not get? I honestly cannot think of anything material....have to go back to stay healthy.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Well, I have not been to one movie all year...
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? The ripe old age of 63, I celebrated with friends and family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money? Well, more money is always a good thing, but good health is more important...
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Mostly, be comfortable........and I love the color orange...yes, my kids cringe at that.
32. What kept you sane? Master and the grands.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The person i have most recently been the most fascinated with is Nelson Mandela..what an amazing man!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The failure to pass an on time budget in Washington, the failure of some states on the same sex equality issue.
35. Who did you miss? Bas, and his wonderful comments, and after 3 years i still miss my dad.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Seems that most of the new people i met were doctors...I was very lucky that they were so skilled and caring. They called me at home many times to check up on me.
37. What is a valuable lesson you learned in 2013? A lesson that i have always known and tried to live by was emphasized.....1. Enjoy each and every day, it is a gift!!!!