Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Welcome 2014!!

     I usually am sentimental at year's end...looking back to all the special and good times, thinking how fast time has passed.  This year i am tempted to just say.....good riddance.  The year started with an unexpected death of a young family member....and never did seem to recover.  Yes, there were fun times and special moments....but mostly the year reminded my family to hug and hold each other tightly and remember to say the 'I love yous'.....and our special reply..'I love you more'.  Even the grands are beginning to catch on to that reply...and insist that they do.

     My time away with family was  hectic but wonderful.  We celebrated 2 Christmases, with 5 children under the age of 5.  We shared good news...a niece got engaged, and another announced a new baby on the way.  Twenty- five of us gathered at my sisters to laugh, share, and be thankful that we were indeed all together!

     Master and i had M/M time yesterday.  He gave me a grade of 85 with keeping up with my rules while i was away, i would have graded myself lower, so i am happy that His is the grade that counts.  We looked back on this year agreeing that despite life interfering in was a year of growth, new experiences, and closeness.  

      I am so grateful for all of you....your support,  your friendship, your comments, .... we are one lucky bunch to have each other!  I wish that 2014 brings you lots of smiles and happy tears, good health, lots of spanks (and more), contentment and a happy heart!

hugs abby

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Abby. Wishing the best.
    Hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DF, i wish you the same..
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I agree we are one lucky bunch to have each other :-) Wishing you joy in 2014! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terp.....I hope we all have a 2014 that is memorable...for all the right reasons.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Thanks abby and I agree we are lucky bunch to have found each other.

    Happy New Year to you and yours from Ray and I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, only 'sunny times ahead...
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Abby! Looking forward to reading more of your journey in 2014 - which i'm thinking will be the best year ever.

    love,

    sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sophia, i hope you are right, and that it applies to you also.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, abby.
    Thank you for your friendship.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks appy, friendship is a 2 way street.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Abby! I agree, we are a lucky bunch to have each other :) Thank you for the support and encouragement you have given to me.

    I'm glad you had a lovely time with the family had had some good news to share. Congrats to both nieces! :)

    Wishing you the very best of everything in 2014. I hope it is a wonderful year for you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, I hope it is wonderful for both of us.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Abby! I agree with everyone...we are a very lucky bunch to have each other! :D

    Wishing you and Master an awesome 2014.

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, i hope we all have a great year.
      hugs abby

      Delete