Saturday, October 19, 2013

returning to blog land with a meme

     First and most importantly.....THANK YOU all for the support and prayers, good vibes, healing thoughts....all of it.  You will never know  how much it helped get through some unexpectedly rough weeks.  This blogging community is an amazing, caring group.

     I never expected to be away for this long. It's been almost 2 months.  It's been 2 long, torturous months, but i am finally starting to feel like 'me'.  As some of you know, nothing has gone as expected.  I would take one step forward...and get hit with the unexpected and be several steps behind.  My latest hurdle was the possibility of kidney failure, but we seem to have that turned around.  I still have some tests and doc visits this coming week, hopefully all of that will soon be behind me.

    I had reached the point of questioning if i would continue to blog.  It has been so long, and i just was not sure if i should just say good by to all of you. But i would miss you all too much, and Fiona gave me a 'gentle' shove to complete this meme...so here i am.



The phone rings. Who do you want it to be? 
    "Hello grandma" are the opening words i love to hear.

When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
     Always!

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
     Depends, in a group friends, a talkier, a group that i am new to much more of a listener.

Do you take compliments well?
       Not usually, i am trying to learn to just say thank you and not question their judgement.

Are you an active person?
      LOL...active as in physical activity....well the past 2 months not at all, usually i at least try.


If abandoned alone in the wilderness, do you survive?
     No way...

Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
     Yes, for many summers, it was a blast.

What was your favorite game as a kid?
         I grew up in a neighborhood full of kids....hide and seek, was a favorite, til the lights went on and we all had to scurry home.

Are you judgmental?
   The older i get, very much less so.....

Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
  Hmmmm, in college....both.....now the latter.

Use three words to describe yourself.
Caring, creative, reliable

If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
I would choose deaf, in a heartbeat.

Are you continuing your education? 
Yes, thanks to my very smart grand children!

Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No.

How often do you read books?
Mostly every day.

Do you think more about the past, present or future?
 The present, i am learning to 'enjoy the moments', they pass too quickly.

What is your favorite children's book? 
When i was growing up it was the Cherry Ames RN series, i would devour an entire book in one day.


Where is your ideal house located?
I love being near the water, ocean first preference, lake second.

Boxers, briefs, thongs, panties or grannies?
Until Master stepped in 'grannie panties', now still panties, but prettier.

Last person you talked to?
my daughter

Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yes...with my grand daughters...they loved it....

What are your keys on your keychain for?
House, Car

Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
LOL,,,,up the stairs. 

Where is your current pain?
Occasionally on my side, where my tubing still is.

Do you like mustard?
Honey mustard is yummy.

Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
The past 2 months its been sleep, but usually it all depends on what is what's cooking.
,Do you look like your mom or dad?
Both , i think.
How long does it take you in the shower?
I have always considered a long hot shower a luxury, so when i can as long as the hot water lasts.

What movie do you want to see right now?
Oh, i am not even sure what is out there.

What did you do for New Year's?
Stayed in and watched the clock tick down.

What was the cause of your last accident?
Tripping over an uneven sidewalk.

Sorry about the different colors and fonts, laptop seems to have a mind of its own lately.

hugs abby










30 comments:

  1. Abby,
    I'm so, so happy to see you here. I have thought of you and prayed you were doing better. But I've been lousy about keeping up with people on email. I sure hope you've turned the corner and you just keep feeling better. I enjoyed reading all your answers, but I love that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is good to be back. Another round of tests and doctors' visits this week, and i am hope it is all good news, and i can get my life going again.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Abby! I'm so glad to see you here and glad that you decided to continue.

    I am sorry your recovery has been rougher than anticipated and happy to hear you are now starting to feel better and hope too that you have turned the corner.

    Sending positive energy and prayers that the rest of your recovery goes quickly and is smooth. Loved reading your answers btw :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, I have things to do and places to go...so i do hope that there are not more set backs.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. I can't tell you how great it is to see you here! :-) Loved your answers and so glad you are feeling a bit better. Continuing to send healing energy and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the continued support.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I believe I just started blogging when you left and I'm glad to see you're back! I'm an ocean lover as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blogging world....it has lots of wonderful peop
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. YEA! I'm glad you are not gone and not going to stop blogging. That would be so sad. It just takes time. Hmmm...something I think you just recently told ME?!?!

    I love the meme...thank you for sharing...and I don't SHOVE =)

    it's amazing how masters can have such an altering effect on our underwear selection.

    Hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advice is often easier given than taken....even when it is good advice. Masters seem to have an altering effect on lots of things!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Dear abby,

    I am so glad you are back here. But don't overdo it. Take it easy.

    Hugs from

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appy, you are always looking out for me...thank you.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Oh happy days! This made my morning. we/I would miss you so much if you stopped blogging. Just do what you can, but please keep coming here.
    The answers to the meme were fun...I'm going to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my friend i know i would really miss all of you.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Breaks to focus on other important things are often needed. I'm sorry to hear that in my long absence that you've been having health issues. I hope the best for you in getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sarah...it was a wonderful surprise seeing your comment. Glad you are back.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Why would you want to not have us "bugging you" all the time? Of course, you can't leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....my life would be so much more boring without all of youl
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Glad to know a meme and a gentle nudge from Fiona is keeping you with us. Don't stop blogging!
    Hugs DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DF, the support from all of you has been a big help.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome, welcome, welcome!! i was waiting for you, abby !
    Please,stay with us !!
    Thank you for your meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, thanks for waiting and for the enthusiastic welcome!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. Just adding my voice - sooooo glad you're back!! Loved your answers to the meme. Looking forward to more...

    love,

    sofai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sofia, hopefully i will be back in full swing soon
      hugs abby

      Delete
  14. Hey Abby…welcome back! So happy to you have decided not to say goodbye…just getting to know you! Really enjoyed your answers in the meme. :D

    I am so sorry your recovery has been so rough but happy that you are feeling better…hopefully your tests/visits this week will bring only good news.

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW...if you need help with blogger...feel free to email me...will try to help.

      Delete
  15. Cat, thanks for visiting and for the comment. I appreciate the prayers and healing energy, I believe they do help. Super thanks for your offer to help, i need lots of it!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  16. our meme's are prettty similar... :)

    I love that fiona got you blogging again, (that meme helped get me going again too!). Sending whammies and bubbles that you are feeling better and stronger every day!

    nilla
    (i missed this post when I was reading...ergo the out-of-order-responses!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah,,,I am not surprised that they are similar....that New England blood! I am doing so much better...Master has even started to "boss' me around some..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete