Sunday, August 25, 2013

A quick hello..I am back!

    I should be unpacking, getting some laundry done, paying bills...etc. But I missed you all, so I am taking a minute to say hello, i have returned from my extended vacation.

   My 'sisters vacation' started off great, then I got sick....all nite in the bathroom sick, and not from any fun stuff....big YUCK!!  We had a family BBQ the day before i left, and just about everyone there got this 24 hour bug. It was not food poisoning since some got it after a day, and some after a week. My sister and I enjoyed our time together, and hope to do it again!

  My time with my mom was bittersweet. She is getting frailer, but still has some spunk. WE talked a lot, looked at old ...and new pictures....and took a few outings to see people she has not seen in a while.  When my 4 grands arrived they all had great big hugs for 'grand-memere', and the smile on her face matched theirs.

   The last 10 days were spent with my kids and grands.  The weather was great, so we had lots of beach time, introduced the two 'older' girls to the fun of a camping overnight, had a birthday party at an amusement/water park, went to a zoo, ate lots of delicious seafood...and made lots of long lasting memories.  We are a fortunate family.

  The only downside, its been a long three weeks missing Master. We have been in touch constantly, and i managed to mostly stay on His good girl list. 

   I hope to catch up with all of you over the next couple days...it is good to be back!

  hugs abby

22 comments:

  1. Hey I'm glad u had a great time..glad your back..hope u were a good girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was...and i am soooo very glad to be back!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I am so sorry you were sick. It seems like the cosmic gods need to cut you some slack. LOL
    Hope you and Master get to see each other soon.

    Funny we called my grandmother Ma mere. I know it isn't correct, however our parents never corrected....we also used Grand mere.
    For my grand father we used pépé.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the cosmic gods hear you..I am scheduled for more surgery next week. Me kids called my mom memere and my dad pepere...the little ones add grand in front. It comes from our french back ground.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. And I can imagine you look forward to connecting with Master again.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back. Welcome home. Glad you had a fabulous time with your family. Sorry about missing Master but know you have each other to yourselves. That's not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome...and you are right...it is not all bad at all!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, three weeks is a long time!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Welcome back Abby! glad to see you :)

    I'm sorry you got sick on vacation :) Glad you had a great time and hope you get to connect with Master soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear from all of you. Connection has happened!:)
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Welcome Back abby! I' m sure reconnection time with you Master will be a perfect welcome home!

    hugs
    p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P, Master does know how to welcome a gal back!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, abby. I'm glad you had such a nice time with your family and could create new wonderful memories for your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I love that my grands are as comfortable with their aunts and uncles as they are with their parents.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! So glad you had a great trip, overall. You were missed. I hope getting back into the groove with Master is easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always worry about getting back in that groove...He makes is seamless!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Glad you had a great time :)
    I know what you mean about spunk! The grandmothers and great grandmothers (and us younger ones as well, lol) in my family have that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. elle,

      That 'spunk' sure comes in handy at times!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. Welcome back!! You were missed!

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Welcome back! We missed you!!

    sofia

    ReplyDelete