Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Catching up.....

I am back after spending a fun week with 3 of my grands....it was so much fun listening to the 4 and 5 year old cousins chatting like they were 12!  There was a preK graduation, an oh so cute dance recital, and lots of backyard fun!

     I was saddened to hear about Emily, and have joined all of you in prayers and as much good karma as i can send....

     As most of you know, Mondays are M/M days...so yesterday was maintenance day.  Since i had been away for a week, we started with lots of hugs and some catch-up chatting.  Then, I was naked and kneeling, being re-claimed by my Master, closing out everyone and every thing else, just Us. Then i was invited to my favorite place ....over Master's lap.  A wonderful welcome back hand spanking, that had me so relaxed, and yet ....so "wet". Master reminded me that maintenance came before i could come....so..

   The paddle was retrieved and applied to my bottom.  Each set a little  harder, til He tucks me in, and lets it fly.  He stops and asks me if it is enough for this week, i reply as i always do..it is.
One of these i will have to surprise Him and say no..not enough...and see His reaction.  Although i am sure once He realizes what i have said, it will be more than enough.

    Master was wondering how long we have been doing maintenance, so He gave me the task of finding the day....We had been discussing the fact that 'basement visits'...major punishments...have become a rare thing. Also that, for the first time ever, i have been successful in maintaining my goal weight, without having to go back and re-loose some.  Master attributes most of that to maintenance...

    My first maintenance spanking was on April 10, 2010...over three years ago.  It was one of those times when i was feeling a little antsy, loss, needy, and trying to figure out why that was the case.  I was reading blogs the night before, when i read one that mirrored my feelings ( it is no longer active), and i sat there and was astounded...she was 'voicing' my thoughts.  I asked for permission, to send some of her thoughts to my Master, received it, and the next morning chose parts of the blog, and sent it to Master. Of course as soon as i hit the send button, i wished i could retrieve it, and undo what i had done.  It was a long morning...

     Master called me and told me to meet Him that afternoon, i was a little apprehensive, trying to judge His mood.  His first words to me....."I think maintenance is a great idea...we are starting today".  I immediately started to say it wasn't necessary, but was shushed and spanked..actually i was switched...talk about jumping right in.  Master explained that maintenance would be weekly,,,which i am ashamed to admit...i wondered for how long.  It has been over three  years, and unless one of us was away for the week.....it has been every week.

     Maintenance not only helps to keep me on the 'straight and narrow', it also served to deepen my submission. To allow me to stop ( most of the time), the over thinking, the voices, that would often lead me to doubt, to question.  Master and i agree that our journey has been so much more that either of us expected, that we have grown in so many ways, that we are so lucky....and maintenance has been a part of making that happen.

     Thank you Master for knowing, even in 2110, what i needed....and even more...for Your commitment to making it happen

    hugs abby
.

18 comments:

  1. Happy for you both. Glad you had such a great time with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sunny,,i get more of the grands starting tomorrow!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Wow, more than 3 years.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised, as was Master, at the 3 years....
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. What a date to remember! Love your dedication to each other.
    Hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DF...I think when you meet someone special later in life,,you appreciate it all the more.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. It is so great you can look and analyze how far you both have come.
    I am also happy you had such a great time with the grands...
    I am still praying for Emily too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to see more grands this weekend...YOOHOO!!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. I'm sure it doesn't seem like 3 years to you. That's great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are fight...even Master said..that was a fast 3 years!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Hi Abby,

    I'm glad you had a wonderful time with the grands and a wonderful reconnection with Master. 3 years, wow! That's great and as Sarah said, I bet it doesn't seem like 3 years.

    I hear you on maintenance stopping to 'voices' leading you to doubt. We do role affirmation as and when he thinks it is needed.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter what you call it...it works!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. glad you had such a nice visit and a wonderful welcome home. Seems like you both have exactly what you need with each other.
    :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both think...make that know...that we are lucky to have found each other...we treasure that.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. UGH, I don't know what happened. I tried to leave a comment on my phone and it disappeared. I hate that.

    I hope you had a blast with the grands. Did you have ice cream for breakfast? Did your Master spend any time with you and the kids?

    I think maintenance sounds ... grounding. I wish that Sir and I were reliable when it comes to things like that, but we sooooo aren't. I love that he's consistent. That is a gift!

    hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am retired..Master still works..so He got to stay and work. One of the first things we discussed many years ago was consistency..and He sure is that!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. What a lovely memory, and what a wonderful tradition/ritual/whatever you want to call it.

    Some of us just get to practice sitting.

    :-)

    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm..you mean should be practicing...just read your blog! LOL!
      hugs abby

      Delete