Sunday, May 5, 2013

Subtle Dominance

     We just had a week of sunshine and warmth, for these parts that is truly a gift.  I have managed a walk outside every day, going a little further each day.

       I was thinking on my walk yesterday about Master...no surprise there! I was thinking about how He manages to slip in His control when I am least expecting it.  Maybe I am noticing it more lately because our active play has been so curtailed.  Some examples of what I am talking about...

....While i was over His lap last week and we were discussing my health...and the next steps that will occur, He suddenly says, I want you to discuss any decisions with me before you make them. Do not just automatically agree to whatever the doctor suggests. I looked at Him, and He said," I mean it".  I was in a state of ...what did He just say....but I said, Yes Sir. I never expected Him to extend his dominance in that way, not sure why I did not, but I did not.  Later, while I was thinking about it...I realized

......had this happened 30 or 20 or even 10 years ago my response would have been so different. Something along the lines........Have you not heard, my body , my choices!  I get to decide...and so on.  What has changed me so much...well meeting Master and traveling the road that has shaped our relationship for one thing, of course.  But is is more, it is that I so trust Him, I know, He wants to care for and protect me, that all of His decisions are based on what is best for me...for Us.

    Another example, was last week.  Master and I met for breakfast. We went to a diner type place. I ordered french toast, He ordered eggs, bacon, home fries, toast.  The waitress was re-filling our drinks and returned to put some syrup on the table, Master asked if they had sugar free, and she went to get it, replacing the one on the table. At the time I thought...good for Master, for health reasons, He has to watch His sugar intake, so I was happy to see He was doing that.  Then our meals are delivered and it suddenly dawned on me.....He had nothing on His plate that required syrup, I had french toast. At that moment I looked up at Him, He kind of chuckled and asked if I had ever tried the sugar free...I had, and said it wasn't bad and He added...better for you.  

...again back when, I probably would have nicely asked the waitress to return the regular syrup, since that was my choice.  Now, I smile and think, it is nice having someone to look out for me.

    I have not been sleeping all that well. Last night Master told me to click my ankle cuffs together. I wear the cuffs to bed, I love the feel, the smell, the instant reminder when I wake up that I am His.  Occasionally I will be told to click either the wrist or the ankle ones together..I prefer the ankle ones, it seems to be easier for me to get comfy and not struggle when I wake up.  I was to leave them on until they were uncomfortable, or if I had to get up a few times...
This morning, Master's first question was how long did they last....my reply...all night and I slept better than I have in a while......."No surprise here"...was His reply. 

 Subtle dominance, even in my sleep.

     Have a great week all..
    hugs abby

27 comments:

  1. Somebody special is looking after you Abby :-)
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am one lucky gal. hugs abby

      Delete
  2. I agree, it's wonderful to have somebody taking care of you.
    You are so lucky.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I tell Master how lucky i am to have Him...He tells me He is the lucky one! hugs abby

      Delete
  3. That is really nice, and loving. I'm glad you have that. :-)

    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a long time to find, but so worth it! hugs abby

      Delete
  4. Total protection and love... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feel so good to have that..hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Gosh this made me smile so much! I love that he does these little and big things for you! Keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! We both feel lucky to have each other...I am getting better.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. It is wonderful to be able to peep into this other side of your dynamic. Previously it seemed mostly maintenance and sessions, but now it seems really much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly blog about the 'kink'...and that is why we first met. But it has slowly grown into much more...much to both our surprise and delight. hugs abby

      Delete
  7. Hi Abby, :). This is such a sweet post! I am glad that you are feeling better still, and that Master is taking care of you in these neat little ways. All these little gestures make us feel very loved and special, don't they? Hugs to you! Feel good!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do Katie! thanks...hugs abby

      Delete
  8. Sometimes those little things but me, but sometimes they make me feel loved and cherished and secure. It's a good indicator of my inner attitude which way I respond :)

    Glad you are so protected and loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stormy....I agree at times, I want to yell, I am an adult!!! But lately I have needed the loving and cherishing.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you have someone to watch over you and that he was able to help you get a good nights sleep. Good restful sleep will aid in your recovery. He sounds like quite a smart man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly always seem to know what I need, and how to get me where I need to be. hugs abby

      Delete
  10. So glad to hear you are feeling better Abby. It is quite eye opening when we realize how our reactions to things change over time. It shows great progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an eye opener, kind of like i chose the road less traveled...but oh what a ride!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it is ...TOTALLY mind boggling how all of a sudden you realize that your life switched rails and it's not that you didn't like the trip on the other track, because of course you had chosen it. BUT the track you are currently riding is fabulous and comforting and exhilarating and awesome! Great post and YEA abby's Master!!

    hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Fiona...a great summery, you get it! I think we are kindred spirits.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete