Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Remembering"

   I have been doing a lot of 'remembering' this weekend...

       Remembering all those who have served and who are serving our country.  My dad had 7 brothers, all 8 if them served in WW II,,my dad lied about his age so  he could enlist.  They all came back, but not all are that fortunate.  During college and after, I saw many friends get drafted or enlist, and as the years past, I have been to funerals of students, who did not make it back.  We owe all of them so much more that just gratitude....and I include all of their families who stay behind, carry on and worry....THANK YOU ALL!

    Remembering all of you in different parts of this beautiful country who are wondering what is Mother Nature doing???  It has been sunny here...cool...but no snow or heavy rains or hurricanes or falling bridges.....Great walking weather...which I have 'sort of' taken advantage of.
Prayers and healing thoughts to all of you who are suffering or have suffered a loss.

   Remembering...or trying to....that Master being away does not change His expectations. I have been pretty good, but gosh I sure do miss him!

    Remembering how truly blessed I am....Master, my family, my friends (including all of you)!
My oldest grand daughter calls me every Friday morning ( she is 5). This Friday she asked if I would like to hear her play a song on her little keyboard. This was something new, but of course I said yes...and started to think....hmm maybe "Twinkle Little Start" or 'London Bridge".  She starts playing and I am soon astounded....she is playing "Ode to Joy" ...She gets done and asks if I know what she played...she is surprised that I do...and tells me she practiced all week to get it right for me.....that little one is amazing!

     Enjoy the rest of the weekend...
    hugs abby

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. It is important to remember. It is SOO IMPORTANT to remember.

    I hope your Master comes back soon and I'm sure he's missing you as much as you are him. The good thing about absences is that it reminds you how much the other means to you. Now does he have a traveling tax? - heheheh

    hugs,
    fiona

    BTW, weather here is gorgeous...we've been bike riding, walking, playing in the yard...it's lovely. Cool, but not cold, sunny or partly, no rain, hail, tornados, etc. - YEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...You made me laugh out loud..I will suggest it, and let you know...(yeah sure!)
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Oh, it was cute...

    ha.ha. Fiona, traveling tax för Master...good one..lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That fiona is pretty funny, we will see what Master thinks.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Those artiste are the best gifts (your granddaughter playing a song for you.) how precious!

    I love holidays like this. It helps us to never forget.

    Enjoy your great weather!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have a whole gallery of pictures and 'projects'!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  4. That is amazing - Ode to Joy is wonderful.

    Thanks for the uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! That little one can do whatever she puts her mind too!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post. You have much to be grateful for. Hope your Master isn't away much longer.

    hugs
    bg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have much to be grateful for, sometimes it is good to be reminded of that!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Lovely post Abby. Standing beside you in remembrance of those who served and continue to serve in our allied forces and their families.

    I hope your Master is back with you soon. I bet he misses you just as much are you are missing him. Giggling at Fiona's travel tax for Master.

    How lovely of your grand daughter to ring you every Friday and wonderful that she practiced Ode to Joy so that she could play it for you. Wow! What a precious gift.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master is back!! I am lucky to have a special connection with my grand daughters.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post, abby.
    I too had a nice Sunday, when we saw my adopted grandchildren.

    Hugs from

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks appy, have a good week.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  8. It's so important to remember those who have fought for our freedom everyday. I hope your Master comes home soon. I wonder what he would think of Fiona's idea of imposing a travel tax on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know what He will say, but we will see!
      hugs abby

      Delete
  9. How wonderful that you have that connection with your granddaughter! I remember "Ode to Joy" from my daughter's piano lessons, many years ago...

    Sending healing energy your way...

    hugs,

    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the healing energy!
      hugs abby

      Delete