Friday, April 26, 2013

A post at Master's request

     I am still recuperating, this was mostly a week of fairly good days, with a couple of really bad ones that were scary.  I am feeling more like myself than i have in a long time. I am taking that as a sign that i will soon be back to normal...although normal is a relative term.

    When in the hospital, i was pretty much on pain meds on demand, which i rarely asked for, the main topic of discussion seemed to be my high tolerance for pain....I just kept shaking my head, saying i never thought my tolerance was high...

     The second day i was home, i weighed myself...expecting to see that all the pain and suffering was worth at least a few pounds.  I gained 15 pounds..I could not believe it. I had nothing by mouth for 5 days, and no appetite when i was finally given the green light to eat.  Those IV's might look like clear fluids, but they sure must pack a lot of calories.  I have loss that 15 and more, still waiting for my appetite to make an appearance.

      Master has been a good cheerleader. Encouraging me on the bad days, and reminding me that i am still His, on my good days.  I am having a good day today, but decided not to send Master my good morning text, lunch time reminder, or a call....i just felt like...what's the point. A short while ago, Master contacted me...the point is, i am His, He has certain expectations, He is still in charge. I was told to get my small plug, wear it for 30 minutes, and during that time to write a blog entry and post it....so here it is.  And, yes, i feel like Master has pulled me back into His safety net.  

     Looks like spring has finally arrived to these parts, I am hoping to get dressed and at least sit out a bit this weekend....hope it is a sunshiny one for all of you.

     hugs abby
     

29 comments:

  1. Dear abby,
    It all appears much more serious than you initially showed.
    Take care.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my surgeon he rarely sees a case like mine, and they are often misdiagnosed, or not diagnosed it time. I am lucky.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  2. Hi Abby. Recovery from surgery always takes longer than you believe it should. Just keep taking one day at a time and over time you will get better. Hugs DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I avoided any type of serious illness for 60 years, guess i should be thankful. hugs abby

      Delete
  3. Sorry you had such a tough time but happy your guy is watching out for you. Hope the recovery road is all roses from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too sunny, I have managed to take a couple outside walks this weekend:) hugs abby

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy he is finding way to make you feel better 'our' way since all your activities can't be as normal as you'd like. Time will heal everything, and when that time comes you better be able to show him you are still obedient.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has always he is in this for the long run, and continues to prove it to me. hugs abby

      Delete
  5. So glad you're doing so much better. Also glad you're in the safety net. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,,,that safety net is a blessing. hugs abby

      Delete
  6. Holy crow, Abby. I am glad the good outweigh the bad, but yowsa! Isn't it wonderful when They remind us that Indeed, we are THEIRS! Yea, Abby's Master! You rock!!

    Rest well Abby.

    Hugs,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and hope your recovery goes smoothly.It's terrific that your Master still finds ways to show you that you are His and keeps you feeling safe. What would we do wiyhout them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're out of the hospital and back home. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are out of hospital and starting to feel better. The body is very strange when it comes to weight! Take care Jxx

      Delete
  9. Hi Abby,

    I'm sorry to hear you have had a bit of a rough time. glad you are feeling better and hope the rest of your recovery is smooth.

    Wow! Good on your Master for reminding you that you are His and pulling you back into his safety net. We never stop being theirs, no matter what.

    Take it slowly and look after yourself.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i only have one speed at the moment and it is slow, but I am getting better every day. hugs abby

      Delete
  10. Hi abby glad to hear your on your way to recovery

    I see your Master knewhow to pull you out of your funk good for him telling you enough is enough

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, master does not let me get too whiny or down...hugs abby

      Delete
  11. Master is smart. He wasn't going to let you get down. It is so overwhelming and important to feel we can and will recover.
    As a person sitting and worrying next to the one you belong to- it must also be hard for him.
    Allow yourself to relax and all will heal in time.
    Continue to get better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know he has done his share of worrying over the past few weeks....hugs abby

      Delete
  12. I am glad that your Master is there for you. Sending healing thoughts and hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those thoughts, i am not the best patient.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  13. And i'm glad you're feeling better, and glad he's reconnecting to you and holding you close. Take care of yourself.

    hugs,
    sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Master can read me and knows how to correct my head space, even when His choices are limited. hugs abby

      Delete
  14. Glad to hear that you are feeling better Abby. It does take a while to bounce back from stuff like that. Looks like Master knows just what to do to show you that he has got you! Good for him and even better for you! :). Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right..even better for me! thanks.
      hugs abby

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey abby....sure glad that you're healing up...sending lots of whammies your way--though I suspect that the "drawing in" by your Master will do more to heal you than my prayers ever will. :)

    (i typo'd that as prey-ers...um...might be a story there, eh? :) )

    gentle, theraputic hugs,

    nilla

    ReplyDelete