Friday, March 8, 2013

Advice to me

Ronnie asks, if I could back in time, what advice would I give myself.

       I think we all have things we wish we had done or decided differently. Overall, I believe in living life with few regrets. Most people make decisions based on the information available at the time, and make what they think is the best choice. That does not always prove to be true, but then one adjusts.

      I would tell myself...although I am pretty sure I would not have listened, to be braver, to dare to make changes, to not be so concerned about what others think.  To listen to that inner voice, that I worked very hard at silencing.  I think for most of us, age brings more wisdom and tolerance, we could use those when we are young!!!!

    Having said that, I also have to add...would I change anything...I think not. My children are grown adults, who I am very proud of, I have 4 of the most beautiful grand children on the planet, I had a job that I loved (mostly), and made friends that are really family....and just when I thought the best was behind me...I met Master. I would not be willing to give any of those things up!


aisha asks why did I start blogging and what role does it play in my dynamic..

    I have been blogging for almost 3 years...YIKES!  I read blogs long before that, and would sometimes discuss them with Master.  He started to tell me I should blog, and I would say maybe, someday....One day, He said, I want you to start a blog, offered to help with any of the technical stuff, but I was to start that week. I did, although I was worried, what if no one read it, or worse yet, what if they read it once and never came back? 

   I think it was after 3 posts, Master said something about the post, and I said it is my last one...I am done. He asked why, I am not sure what I said, and He told me to continue for 3 months, if I still felt the same way then, it would be my choice. I know....wise man.

   What role does it play in our dynamic...not a big one. It is sometimes easier for me to write about certain subjects than talk about them, so sometimes it has helped on the communication issue..although I am lots better at the talking part.  When I first started I wrote thinking about Him, but now, it is mostly about me, what I think and want to say. Master does automatically get a copy of each post, and sometimes we discuss them, but not always. 

    I think the bigger impact on the dynamic has been all of YOU...I often bring up ideas based on what I have read, and of course, you all have helped me to feel somewhat more 'normal', especially at the beginning.  

    Blogging has been a plus, new friends, new ideas, and at times, a help to better communication!

Thanks aisha and ronnie

hugs abby

12 comments:

  1. It is difficult to say to yourself that you should have done things different.
    If you had done that, would you still be you?
    People are formed by their experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answer to the first question...yes, I would like to tell the little girl in me to be more confident and worry less about what other people think...but would I change anything - no...to me every experience is a learning experience and helps you to grow into who you are... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your answers. It's wonderful - as a newer blogger (baby blogger on your timeframe) to hear about your evolution in blogging.

    hugs,
    fioan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too wish I had been less concerned with what everyone else thought and that I had been braver when I was younger, but better late than never. I'm glad that the best isn't behind you and I hope the future is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers Abby, thanks for sharing. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. I too would tell my younger self to be braver, and to not worry so much about what other's thought.

    I enjoyed reading about how you started blogging and what it means to you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers Abby. thank you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know a bit more about the person behind this blog

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bas, I totally agree, and I think I ended up right where I am supposed to be. hugs abby

    Terp, thanks, and I agree. hugs abby

    fiona, you are so welcome, I gave Master your question, He is thinking on it. hugs abby

    Mrs. D..thanks, I am happy with where I am! hugs abby

    sunny, thanks, hugs abby

    /roz, thanks, I think we all share the wishing to be braver and less sensitive to what others think. hugs abby

    ronnie, thank you for the question! hugs abby

    bob, it is fun getting to know each other better! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the answer - it's amazing isn't it, how powerful and wonderful the blogging community is...

    ReplyDelete
  11. aisha, hope all is well with you...it is amazing, strangers who are close friends! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete