Monday, February 11, 2013

2. A Favorite movie

       I love the four seasons, but I sure could do with a little less winter. There is still a LOT of snow out there. My son went to a grocery store Sunday evening, he called to say the only item in the whole produce section was.............radishes. Guess we know the least liked veggie in the Boston area. Schools are closed again tomorrow (Tuesday), hopefully they will finally get all the roads cleared. That being said, I am warm and cozy and spending my days with the most delightful 3 year old and 9 month old.

    I cringed when I read the topic for day 2. I have been to 1 movie this year, but have not been to one in probably 5 years before that. I just got tired of paying to fall asleep.  Way back when I was in college, movies were a weekly event, but since then a rare occurrence.  I am much more a live theater lover these days, and attend those regularly. Musicals are my favorite, but I do not limit myself to that genre. We have quite a selection where I live, and I am fairly close to a couple large cities with all the latest productions..


So, the movie that stands out the most for me is a classic....The Wizard of Oz.   A musical, of course, with great music. But I love all aspects of it...and look forward to sharing it with my grands...soon!

hugs abby

    

13 comments:

  1. We never get to the movies either unless they are kiddie movies. The Wizard of Oz was a great one for sure. There is a new version of it coming out soon called Oz the Great and Powerful that the girls really want to see. Doubt it will be as good.

    Hope things get back to normal there soon, the lack of any real snow here has been really disappointing.







    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures and all that snow, wow. Although time with the grands makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for spring, too, abby. Not some cheap spring like last year, a long sweet-aired fragrant spring, full of color and lots of time to plant.

    The last 4 movies we saw were children's movies, too, lol. ah, parenthood :-P Glad you're safe & cozy.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get out soon. OMG I can't believe the pictures, that is a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby, gosh, as Sunnygirl said, I hope I hope you manage to get out soon. Glad you are enjoying time with the grands though.

    I hardly ever go to a movie either now days. That is a great classic indeed. I too love musicals.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember watching the Wizard of Oz every year when it came on TV. We would usually go to my grandmothers house to watch, too. It is a classic and that is great. I hope the weather clears up really soon for you and all of those in the East. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Wizard of Oz...and The Sound of Music...
    The last movie we went to see was together on a rare date night recently...after watching all the previews the movie started and my husband and I looked at each other - it was the wrong movie! The ticket person made a mistake and marked the wrong movie on the ticket - and we did not double check and went into the theatre as directe. Oops. :-) Hopefully the snow will melt soon... Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz scared me as a kid and I'm not fond of them now :)Good to hear your staying warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love crazy snow storms.
    We used to watch the Wizard of Oz every year! I actually just finished a huge, huge backdrop for a musical of said movie!!
    Last movie we saw was the Hobbit!
    Enjoy the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ready for winter to be over too, although we haven't had a whole lot of snow this year.
    I love The Wizard Of Oz, I still watch it whenever it comes on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sunny....those little faces sure do make it worth while! hugs abby

    June..ah spring, I vaguely remember it...hope I get a reminder soon! hugs abby

    Roz..we all got outside today,,,sun was shining and making the snow glow! hugs abby

    SNP...thanks for the good wishes...how many days til spring?? hugs abby

    Terpsichore, not sure it will all melt soon, just hoping not to add to it! hugs abby

    faerie, hmm, I have heard others say that about the monkeys...hugs abby

    Minelle...nice to see you , hope all is getting better your way. hugs abby

    Mrs. D...we are in agreement on both your thoughts! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
    4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched
    her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

    My web page ictact.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I savor, cause I discovered just what I used to be looking for.
    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    Also visit my web blog; www.officerfamilies.com

    ReplyDelete