Sunday, September 9, 2012

Submission questions 11 and 12

  Hope you all had a good weekend!

~11.  Do you include service as a part of your expectations of your submission?  How do you define service?  What does it mean to you?


    Yes, service is a big part of my submission. My definition of service is to do whatever He asks or desires. As I have grown in my submission, anticipating His needs is also part of my service.  My top priority is pleasing Him. The tricky part of service for me is.... always doing it with a smile or a happy heart. 

~12. Do you include financial submission within the definition of your own submission?
Are you familiar of the concept of financial submission?

    When I first read this I thought...heck no! I cannot imagine not having control over my finances, or having to ask before I spent any money. I guess somehow it ties into seeing myself as having value somehow.  Then I remembered, a few years ago I had run up a credit card. I wanted to pay it off...but just could not get a handle on it.  I asked Master for help...not an easy decision for me.   He agreed, and set up a few rules, I had to be able to pay off twice as much as I had charged each month. That worked for a couple months, then I blew it, and could not pay off twice what I had charged. Master told me to give Him my credit card, when I had the balance at an acceptable level I would get it back...and, I was not to charge more than I could pay  off on any other card. I almost could not do it, but I really wanted the darn thing payed off, so much to my surprise I handed over the card....I guess that was when I first realized how much I had come to trust this man...not just with my physical being, but with all parts of me. I did pay it off,  I got the card  back, and have been a much more responsible consumer...most of the time! 

   I had never heard or thought of the term financial submission, until I read this question.

   nite all
  hugs abby

4 comments:

  1. I love that line "a much more responsible consumer...most of the time. I think there's a little of that in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i think that's exactly the kind of thing my Sir had in mind when He was saying that "financial submission" could mean a responsible Dom helping His submissive with handling finances better. i think that's lovely.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, He not only knows you so well, but He is helping you too. You two have a wonderful relationship.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  4. sunny... what is a girls' shopping trip without a few splurges??
    hugs abby

    aisha...thanks, it was a giant leap of trust for me...it payed off in more than just credit card debt. hugs abby

    appy...thank you so much! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete