Sunday, September 16, 2012

Question 17


~What does trust mean to you in the context of submission?

     Trust such a short word for such an important one.  Trust is important in any relationship, in the context of submission, it gains importance.

    For me, trusting Master with my physical self was a whole lot easier than trusting Him with the emotional me, with the "inner" me. The one that I had protected by building some very strong barriers.  Even Master will say....He put in a lot of hard labor, bringing those walls down. 
A lesser, or maybe even a smarter man, would have ceded the battle.

    I believe trust comes in layers, it builds upon itself, until finally your trust enough to take a leap of faith, and are willing to risk much to gain much.  Trust is a 2 way street...yes the submissive needs to trust her/his partner physically, emotionally, maybe with finances, in many various areas.  The submissive also needs to be trustworthy.
  
    Trusting is believing that your partner will do his/her best for you. Trusting is accepting that sometimes that best may fall short, but it is their best. Trust is both the basic building block of a relationship and the basis for growth.

 Aisha over at   http://beingaisha.wordpress.com/  cites this quote when answering this question:“The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead, we trust people to be who we want them to be- and when they’re not, we cry.”
― Jewish Proverb

   It gives one a lot to think about.

   When I first read this question I thought...oh an easy one. As I sit here, I find it is not so easy. 

 hugs abby

2 comments:

  1. I think that "trust" has to go hand in hand with "knowing" someone and that is why it takes time to develop in a relationship. You are so right abby - it isn't an easy question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..that is why I refer to it as coming in layers, one layer building on the previous one. Thanks for the comment.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete