I returned from visiting my son, daughter in law, and grandaughter today. It was a fun week. My grandaughter has become a little girl, no longer a baby, thankfully she has a baby sister on the way. But she did keep me very busy, and when she napped, I tried to help her mom out with laundry, and cleaning and baking for the holiday. I put in no blog time, and yes I did miss you all and think about you.
First I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with family, friends and of course, great food. We celebrated on Friday due to the fact that my son is a fireman and daughter in law a NIKU nurse, and had to work the holiday. We had a wonderful meal, looked back on the happy times of the past year, and ahead to more good times.
A big THANK YOU to the three people who nominated me for a VBA award. I apologize, since I have not learned how to link to your blogs from here, that is on my to-do list..."Hidden Slave", "Composing Us", and "An Awakening Dominant", I promise you a link as soon as I get my act together! I will not be nominating from here, I follow many of you, and think you are all great. Anyone who is willing to put themselves out here and share deserves an award. I will list 7 things about myself:
1. I am a frog collector. When I was teaching I would wear something
that had a frog on it every day. My grandkids, have lots of frog
2. I always wanted to teach at the primary level. Until one of my
principals convinced me to try Junior High. I loved it...a
challenge and a new beginning every day.
3. I am a "crosswordholic". I complete at least 3 a day.
4. Orange is my favorite color.
5. I always dreamed of creating new jeopardy boards, all with a
6. I am the oldest of 4 children. The quiet and conservative one.
7. I have never understood why chocolate and ice cream do not have
a larger space on the food pyramid!
That's it for now, I need sleep!