Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OUCH...but not the "good kind"

It was a wonderful birthday weekend. My granddaughter is quickly becoming a little girl, no longer a baby. She was very excited over her birthday weekend, did not have any "meltdowns", and loved every gift she received. My son and daughter in law in Boston, announced that they are also expecting a new addition in the late fall. So, by the end of this year, I will have doubled my grandchild count!...How exciting!

The one "clink" was by me. I felt my back twitch several times over the weekend, but managed to just ignore it. The last nite we were there, I tried to roll over in bed... and big OUCH, from my back, down my leg. It was a long nite, the next morning, it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to get out of bed. I did get out of sharing the driving...but driving would have been much more fun. I am slowly getting better...much too slowly. I can sleep all night, and as long as I don't bend and move slowly I can move around during the day.

I am really hoping that I can get a "good" ouch from Master soon, since i am leaving Sunday for Boston to help with my 18 month old granddaughter, and to see my mom. It is my dad's birthday that week, so my sister and i have planned to do something special with her.

abby...who is still waiting for spring weather to arrive!

6 comments:

  1. Try seeing a chiropractor Abby. They have seriously done wonders for my back! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you feel better soon.. Congrats on the grandbaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news about the birthday and the new grandchild to come. sorry to hear about your back! that sucks huge, hope you feel better or find someone to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful about the new grandchild, but so sorry about your back. Be careful about the good ouch until your back gets back in shape.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your wish for a new, good "ouch" from your Master. But I agree with findingsara - a chiropractor is the best find I ever made! This reminds me to make an appointment :)
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara and One, thanks for the good wishes and the advice about a chiropractor. I have never thought about using one, but after this week, I am going to look into it!

    Daisy, Nadia, and PK, it was a wonderful weekend, she is grwoing up wayyyy too fast!

    abby

    ReplyDelete